PDA

View Full Version : I really pity Sun Ho after hearing her out

Sammyboy RSS Feed
15-10-2014, 10:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/sunhoscandal.jpg?itok=H3UaQEem

It must be very hard on her living in Los Angeles costing $28,000/month mansion located at Hollywood Hills, LA. Having a black SUV and Mercedes Benz at her disposal and not to mention that the estate has an area equivalent to at least five Singaporean typical 5 room flat. She also has her minders, a few church members who were tasked to take good care of her.

Quote:
Sun Ho has acknowledged for the first time in public that she herself was having trouble reconciling the image of a pastor’s wife with her pop music persona as the “Chinese Geisha”.

“People in the church world were upset with me, asking how could a pastor’s wife do this, and people in the entertainment world were suspicious of me,” said Ho in a wide-ranging interview with City News, the online news arm of City Harvest Church (CHC) on Saturday.

Referring to the Crossover Project — the church’s mission to evangelise using secular pop music — the 42-year-old wife of City Harvest founder Kong Hee said, "There were moments during the Crossover, when I felt alone and I seldom talk about this, of course I had my US team, but it was just a hard mission".

“There were days when I didn’t serve the vision with the best attitude. It was hard to be on the road, to be apart from the family I’m so close to…” she admitted, realizing that “the values in the world and those in the church are poles apart”.

“Many times, I asked God how long more I had to do it”, she said, before revealing she felt like “giving up” several times throughout the Project.

"So much happened during the Crossover, but one thing I remember most clearly is this: standing on the stage each night, after I share my testimony, and seeing the souls come forward, telling myself, ‘It’s all worth it, it’s all worth it".

As part of the project, which started in 2002, Ho worked with music performers and producers like Wyclef Jean and Diane Warren. She released several songs including the reggae hip-hop number, “China Wine”, where she adopted the persona of a gyrating scantily-clad “ Chinese Geisha” in the music video which cost US$1 million to produce.

The music video quickly drew a barrage of scorn and criticism from netizens, who questioned how such music could support the church’s mission.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?192010-I-really-pity-Sun-Ho-after-hearing-her-out&goto=newpost).