PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant stole my phone then tried to return me a different 2nd hand phone

Sammyboy RSS Feed
11-10-2014, 01:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

DEAR TRS, THIS RESTAURANT STOLE MY PHONE THEN TRIED TO RETURN ME A DIFFERENT 2ND HAND PHONE

.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;} Post date:
10 Oct 2014 - 12:07pm

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-10%20at%202.00.53%20pm.png?itok=fYp5UUe5 (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-10%20at%202.00.53%20pm.png)

Dear The Real Singapore,
I hope you can share my story with your readers and shame this manager and company.

I brought my parents to Yomenya Goemon at the Changi Point outlet last Friday for lunch.

The next morning, my dad told us that he left his phone at the restaurant so I went down to ask about it. The waiter who served us day before recognized me and came up to tell me that he picked up the phone and had passed it to their manager "Benny". The manager on duty then was a different one. Benny was at the Marina Bay outlet.

Upon searching for the phone at the counter, they couldn't find it and called Benny infront of me. At first, he claim it was still at the shop. After searching further, Benny suddenly told the waiter on the phone, that he has it with him at Marina Bay.

I said no problem, I'll come back again. I was already wondering why did he have to bring the phone with him to another outlet.

2 days later, I went to Marina and was told the phone has already been returned to Changi Point. I went back to Changi Point that night.

There, the manager on duty passed me a phone that had no SIM card, no data, no leather pouch. I took one look and it was very clear what had happened. Benny had sold the phone and when confronted by the waiter who was honest on the phone, couldn't deny it and had gone to some 2nd hand shop to buy a phone. He didn't even had the decency to own up! I rejected the phone as it had a pin that we don't know. I couldn't unlock the phone. I also asked for the SIM card back from the shop he sold the phone to as it had many personal data and photos of our children in there, certainly not things you want circulating around.

I was told to go home and wait for a manager to contact me.

The next day, the Assistant GM Raymond called and ask to see me to return the phone. That was yesterday. I said I will call him today to arrange.

Today, he returned my call after 2 hours.

We had ask for a new phone as we certainly don't want to use a 2nd hand phone that they couldn't prove was my Dad's phone without the SIM card and data. My Dad also didn't keep any paper that had the IMEI number etc. It was unnerving that we had to take "someone else's" phone and we don't know where it came from.

Raymond then declare with great aplomb we should go to the police. I ask for the honest waiter name as he was my only witness but was turned down.

It is disgusting how the restaurant management dealt with this. They made me go back to the outlets so many time and did not even bother to offer to replace a phone their employee stole from my Dad. To make matters worse, they were mocking at the fact that we wanted to make a police report. I was so exasperated as my Dad really needed a phone and they were not going to be responsible for the errant staff action, one of their Managers!

My Dad will now buy a new phone on his own as we know a police report will take months to conclude, if it even concludes as we have no proof now. The phone is easily replaceable. What I want to know is how can gangsters operate a restaurant and not be responsible for the action of one of their Managers!

What can I do? We don't need them to pay for the phone now but I certainly think in principle, something has to be done about these irresponsible people who runs a popular restaurant. They are so irresponsible and made me feel as if we owe them, I was running from outlet to outlet and Raymond was not even apologetic and asked me to go to an outlet to meet him. Such an irony they are in F&B where service is everything! With such management running the show, how else are they short changing customers who eat there?
Anyone?

Pei Jansen
TRS reader

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?191735-Restaurant-stole-my-phone-then-tried-to-return-me-a-different-2nd-hand-phone&goto=newpost).