PDA

View Full Version : BCA/ construction industry standards

Sammyboy RSS Feed
10-10-2014, 04:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

the building next door to me got TOP about 2 weeks ago....
so we all thought finally peace and quiet .
they have been hacking for the last 2 weeks and will do so for another week more,

reason : granted TOP subject to certain modifications,,

the modification in this case is that the common staircase, or parts of it too narrow, they have to widen it

the hacking because the staircase is next to a wall, so they have to hack away parts of the wall next to the wall holding up the left hand side of the building.

hack the wall so they can increase the width of the stair case.

my question :

when you want to errect a building, surely one must submit plans to BCA? and i suppose in a world class super efficient country like ours, the BCA officers will look at the plans and tell you where you are wrong or not within the rules, so you go back and modify the drawings/designs/ measurements etc and then re submit and so forth and so forth

basically keep doing this until everything is within the rules and then BCA will approve and then you hand over the plans /designs to your contractor to build?

is the above logical? and fair? not too high of a standard to expect?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?191699-BCA-construction-industry-standards&goto=newpost).