PDA

View Full Version : Fake FL scam?

sigils
01-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Not sure if any bros encountered this before as I've encountered it twice.

What happened is that I will see get the FL ctcs through wechat search nearby and they will normally say they are from Taiwan and only charge $100 for 1 hr and $200 for 2 or 3 hours.

But when you reach the place of booking,they will always ask you to snap a picture of the location you reached. Once you done so, they will ask you to buy some phone cards by saying as it's the first time we deal, she's afraid of police so no cash transaction.

I will always insist only dealing in cash instead of some card stuff. But they are always insistent on the card thing. In the end I walked away from those 2 fls which happened on separate occasions.

Why I walk away is the suspicions on not accepting cash for those 2 FLs and every time I wechat through voice messages, they ever once reply me with a voice message even when I asked them to.

Not sure if it's fake but I went to 2 different locations for those 2 FLs on separate occasions but scenario will still be the same.

Just my comments.

rider85
01-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Another con-man/woman tried a fast one on me. Found her on CL. Claimed to be malay. Asked to come to her house in Lor 7 Toa Payoh. Once i reach her block tells me to goto the cash deposit machine close-by and deposit money in her account.
I told her i have cash in hand, but she kept insisting. I wasnt born yesterday. So just a friendly warning.

zeusfist
01-10-2014, 03:11 AM
Buddy,

Rule of thumb. Payment after service. And when it's too good to be true, it ain't true man.

HalfEmptyBottle
01-10-2014, 04:55 AM
This is scam bro, pay after deed only

Kuang209
01-10-2014, 07:39 AM
This is scam bro, pay after deed only

pay after deed? :rolleyes: u serious? LOL

ABCKHH
01-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Was that 100 USD or NT?

sigils
01-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah its too good to be true.. but sometimes there is onky enough blood to one head. But luckily still left some blood to flow to big head to think.

Its sgd100. Mostly these wechat will not have any cell phone number to it. I realised alot of taiwanese FLs in the market but may all use the same method.

jake1
01-10-2014, 08:20 PM
erm so basically they con your money to get phone credits?

i do not get it.

icy_boi
02-10-2014, 01:29 AM
don't be stupid. The buy card is a method for them to earn ur money and u will never ever get to f that lady. Cos that lady might not even be the real person whom talk to u and 2ndly once u purchase the card she will never ever talk to u again.

There will be a background where u are cursing and swearing at her inside ur heart LOL. So many naive sammyboy around. :cool:

supercm
02-10-2014, 01:30 AM
this scam is all over the news leh
they will ask u to bu some alipay card thing, next they will ask u take photo of the recipt n send them, then they can claim the credit and byebye