PDA

View Full Version : HKG Democracy rallies - Wake up Sinkies, does this sound familiar?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
30-09-2014, 11:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

The former colonial police officer Anderson Mike, 60, a former Hong Kong police officer during the British colonial era, recently spent 48 hours straight on the streets. A Hong Kong-native of Pakistani descent, he found himself in a stand-off with a force he used to be a part of. "Hong Kong people are now second-class citizens to mainland Chinese in their own city," Mike said, shortly after picking up a spent tear gas canister. "Hong Kongers have been betrayed by politicians, and after 17 years people have woken up and realised it's time for a change," he added. He lamented what he called the erosion of social justice in the city in recent years and felt the sharp increase in inequality simmered just under the surface of the ongoing protests. "I'm not here for myself," he said "I'm here for others so the next generation is not a slave to a system that ignores the people. -

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?191049-HKG-Democracy-rallies-Wake-up-Sinkies-does-this-sound-familiar&goto=newpost).