PDA

View Full Version : FAP Traitors Using Foreigners to Portray SGs in Propaganda Film '1965'!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-09-2014, 02:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

AS LOCAL BORN SINGAPOREANS, WE SHOULD BOYCOTT WATCHING THE FILM 1965

Post date:
13 Sep 2014 - 3:14pm

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/1965-genevieve-loh-movie.jpg?itok=yHfmDt2C (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/1965-genevieve-loh-movie.jpg)

Dear TRS,
I was filling with rage when I read the news re Media Corp's selection of two FT (foreign trash), namely Qi Yu Wu from China and Deanna Yusoff from Malaysia, as the leading actor and actress for the forthcoming Singapore 50th celebration film, 1965. The news was published in Today newspaper dated Wednesday 3rd September 2014, as reported by Genevieve Loh.

I was born in 1965, the year when Singapore gained its independence and became a republic following the separation from Malaysia on 9 August 1965. In fact, I am the third generation Singaporean as my grandfather and grandmother were born in Singapore. When I was small, my father used to tell his children of seven, ie. my brothers and sisters, how life was extremely tough living in Singapore in the early 1960s, when then his parents had to work very hard as hawkers in the street to make a living. Living in extreme poverty in China town, my dad's family did not have enough food and clothings, let alone being fortunate enough to receive education in Singapore.
The neighbours who lived around us in wooden houses were mostly 'Coolies' who worked as rickshaw pullers, trishaw riders and farmers. Some were employed in mines, ports, in rubber plantations and on construction sites. And along the Singapore River, under the scorching sun, Coolies could be seen carrying gunny sacks filled with commodities such as spices, rice and sugar, busy loading and unloading cargoes.

My father joined PAP in 1950s as a member, well before Mr. Lee became the Prime Minister of Singapore. He and all our old neigbours, together they contributed with their best utmost efforts in helping out as much as they could, to the growth of nationalism that led to self-government and this country's very first general election whereby PAP won a majority of seats and Mr. Lee became the first prime minister of Singapore. My father was very grateful towards Mr. Lee and Mr. Goh KS and had so much admiration and respect for them, who had led Singapore to become an independent country. Hence, my father even at his old age, he still would keep on reminding us to serve Singapore with loyalty and contributed with our utmost efforts to uphold Singapore's excellence and prosperity under the great leadership of Mr. Lee and his son.

1965 is a year of significance for Singapore! Mr. Lee and Mr. Goh, together with all hardworking local born Singaporeans had helped build Singapore and they were proud that they were part of the pioneers generation. Therefore, for those of you who are local born Sinagporeans and whose parents as well as ancestors who had played a significant part in building Singapore, I am sure you can empathize with me that how does it feel when Media Corp decides to pick FTs, Qi from Guangzhou and Deanne from Malaysia, as the leading actor/actress, in a film about an important time in Singapore history? These two played NO PART, neither nor their ancestors, in today's Singapore. Our parents and ancestors had suffered immensely during World War II when we were attacked by Japanese and subsequently controlled by Malaysia government.

It is in contrary to what our Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong call recently, on Singaporeans to celebrate the spirit of the pioneers who built Singapore! It was reported that "Next year we celebrate 50 years of Independence. It is a significant milestone, and it is a time to celebrate but also a time to reflect and to rededicate ourselves to building a better Singapore. Therefore the SG50 campaign is to engage all Singaporeans in this endeavour. And today’s Party, for the Pioneer Generation, is fittingly, the first SG50 event." says Mr. Lee Hsien Loong

Now by Media Corp casting two FTs to portray the early years of TRUE BLUE blood Singaporeans, don't we feel that it is an INSULT to us Singaporeans? Is Media Corp trying to imply that our Singaporeans are no talents, therefore they are force to appoint Qi and Deanna to become the lead cast? This is the similar situation as Singapore who 'bought' with our money to win gold medals by PRC Chinese!

Deanna Yusoff is a Malaysian. By her casting in 1965, does she feel that she is a betrayal? Where is her loyalty lies, in Singapore or in Malaysia? Not to mention, Qi who comes from China and never served National Service in Singapore, he could jolly well enjoy the privilege of 'grabbing' the job, follows wealth and fame, from our local born Singaporeans. Ms Genevieve Loh, the reporter of Today, was witty enough to raise a question to the casting director of Media Corp : "And what of casting two non Singaporeans as leads - Qi is from China and Deanna is Malaysian - in a film about an important time in Singapore history?". "90 per cent of the cast will be Singaporean." The Executive Producer, Daniel Yun (this chap ought to be fired by Media Corp!) assured. You mean 90% non lead casts (??? roles) to Singaporeans and 10% lead casts, the main characters (????)in the film 1965 to FTs?

I read Media Corp's official website and under 'Respect, Teamwork, Drive', it says Interacts sincerely and in ways that make others feel valued, demonstrates integrity, empathy and positive energy..... all these are completely packs of lies! As a media corporation in Singapore, do they Respect we Singaporeans? And in what way are they demonstrating integrity, empathy and positive energy when they are trying to show to local Singaporeans that we are NO TALENTS but the FTs ARE TALENTS?! Wake up, Media Corp, you have the social responsibility towards the society and community of Singapore!

As loyal Singaporeans, I am urging you to BOYCOTT WATCHING MEDIA CORP! After I read the report, I immediately went to Starhub to subscribe for paid TV. I tell myself, I will never ever watch Media Corp channels! I rather watch Discovery Channels, BBC Lifestyle, HBO, etc., than wasting my time to watch FTs who pretentious cast as Singaporeans. To me, it's like 'wolf in sheep's clothing'.

From a local born patriotic Singaporean who will forever remain loyal to Singapore
TRS Contributor

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?189958-FAP-Traitors-Using-Foreigners-to-Portray-SGs-in-Propaganda-Film-1965-!&goto=newpost).