PDA

View Full Version : When a private hospital MC is recognised not by the government

Sammyboy RSS Feed
12-09-2014, 05:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Private hospital's MC not valid

MY SISTER, who is an educator at a government childcare centre, recently went to the accident and emergency department at Mount Alvernia Hospital because she had high fever and severe muscle aches.

Our home is in a dengue cluster and the doctor suspected she might have the disease. My sister was given two days' medical leave and told to rest and monitor her condition. Luckily, it turned out she did not have dengue.

When she submitted her medical certificate (MC), she was told that only one day's medical leave would be granted as her MC was not from a public hospital, and she would have to use a day of her annual leave to cover her absence.

Apparently, the childcare centre grants only a day of medical leave if the MC is not from a public health-care facility, regardless of the number of days given. Also, my sister cannot make a claim for the medical charges.

Why is there such discrimination? Aren't the doctors in private and public hospitals equally capable?
I hope the relevant authorities can comment.

Karen Lim (Ms)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?189859-When-a-private-hospital-MC-is-recognised-not-by-the-government&goto=newpost).