PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, just a question

Burger_King
18-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi all. i know this might have been ask many time before, but it is still unclear.
can anyone tell me.

1. how is the 99.9% safe from Hiv dedrive if the person is wearing a condom?
does that mean out of 1000 person who wear condom 1 person will get HIV? if not then how does the 99% safe work?

jason19870313
18-12-2005, 12:42 PM
hard to answer your question.

always wear condom during intercourse.

wear condom always,play safe.

aikoN79
18-12-2005, 12:46 PM
1) the 0.1% cos of condom break ?? :confused:
2) Or the condom too loose then in the proccess drop out w/o u knowing... meaning u r actually doing raw ???
3) the condom pirated one ??? :eek:

jason19870313
18-12-2005, 12:50 PM
i visit afa b4.

the doctor told me that condom between 90 to 95% protection not 99.99%.

samfan
18-12-2005, 02:01 PM
1) the 0.1% cos of condom break ?? :confused:
2) Or the condom too loose then in the proccess drop out w/o u knowing... meaning u r actually doing raw ???
3) the condom pirated one ??? :eek:

The 0.1% is due to inproper condom usage as well as risks of breakage.
There are no pirated condoms lah! Except that it's those cheapo ones made by some obscure companies in China, India, or even Korea.

If a condom is properly worned, and it does not break; protected sex is indeed protected.

A HIV virus is a virus! It is not a supernatural omini-potent being able to infect anyone it so chooses through simple contact. It is not small enough to penetrate through a standard latext condom.

Sorin^^
18-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Condom is absolutely safe unless there it breaks or wrong size or there is slippage, like the brothers here have said.

Burger_King
18-12-2005, 04:06 PM
thank bro for the answer, but i am more confuse now, some people say it is 100 safe, some say it is 95? so does any one have a correct figure?

let's assume that it is 99% safe then. does it mean that out of 1000 people who put on condom and screw girls who are HIV infected. 1 will get the HIV virus too?

jason19870313
18-12-2005, 07:49 PM
thank bro for the answer, but i am more confuse now, some people say it is 100 safe, some say it is 95? so does any one have a correct figure?

let's assume that it is 99% safe then. does it mean that out of 1000 people who put on condom and screw girls who are HIV infected. 1 will get the HIV virus too?

nope.

i visit action for aids at dsc clinic. the doctor told me that if you wear condom is anything between 90-95%.

JWNY
18-12-2005, 08:16 PM

Bro...if scared don't do, if do don't scared....

You stress yourself out like this also no good.....there's a risk to everything in life. Go for regular screens if you are active in commercial scene

JWNY

Sorin^^
18-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Bro...if scared don't do, if do don't scared....

You stress yourself out like this also no good.....there's a risk to everything in life. Go for regular screens if you are active in commercial scene

JWNY

Very True. Bro JWNY is right. There is risk in anything. When i went to AFA previously, the counsellor personally told me condom is safe 100%. One condom can withstand some litres of water if being filled with water, without breaking.(Those reputable brands, not those edible type of condoms offered in sexshops).

The reasons why there is transmission when there is a condom on, are
1) The condom was a wrong size, causing breakage.
2) There is slippage(where the condom is stuck inside the vagina, resulting in raw contact.
3) didn't wear properly, remember to squeeze the small balloon at the tip of the condom when putting on, as the tiny "balloon" may break due to friction n pressure.

Of cose, even wearing a condom isnt safe. Other STDs are still possible of transmission. The unexposed parts are still prone to STDs like herpes or warts if any on the sex partner.

Unprotected blow jobs, the risk is lower as saliva contains low virus content and the virus dies away quickly when exposed to air. If the sex partner has got ulcers or blood in her mouth, then the risk is higher.

Yah as Bro JWNY has said, If u r active sexually, then u better have regular checks. Protected sex should be fine. Juz to check for other STDs.

Raw is War.

I got most of those i have written out above, from what i heard from the counsellors.

My 2 cents of opinion.

Rgds

AfA_hmor
20-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Hi all. i know this might have been ask many time before, but it is still unclear.
can anyone tell me.

does that mean out of 1000 person who wear condom 1 person will get HIV? if not then how does the 99% safe work?

Dear Burger king,

Who said it is 99.9% safe from HIV? When condom manufacturers claimed that it is 99% safe, it is so because there are possibility of:
1) Condom breakage from improper use
2) Herpes - even though you wear a condom!
3) Condom expiry dates
4) Condom improper storage from heat - and break down the latex

Condom use is safe from HIV as the virus is too big in "size" to go through the membranes of the the latex.

Tell us all here, what is 100% in life - did it exisit in the first instance?

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
AfA outreach

reacher
21-12-2005, 01:17 AM
also depend on which kind of condom you buy. Got those extra thin which breaks quite easily. Tried one time during my GF danger period scare the hell out of me. I feel the jap condom not so good. Together better..

thaivisitor
23-12-2005, 10:40 PM
can anyone tell me.

It means that the condom is not a fool proof way of preventing HIV due to various reasons like possible damage, wrong usage, etc.

Tee Vee

Burger_King
04-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi if you read my question carefully, you would have notice that i was asking "HOW" the 90% or 99% figure came about. NOT "What" the 90% means.

It means that the condom is not a fool proof way of preventing HIV due to various reasons like possible damage, wrong usage, etc.

Tee Vee

sammyboyfor
04-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi if you read my question carefully, you would have notice that i was asking "HOW" the 90% or 99% figure came about. NOT "What" the 90% means.

Researchers assemble a group of people who agree to take part in a study on condom safety.

At the end of the study, the results are tabulated and probabilities are worked out according to statistical principles.

Different studies yield different results. Often the percentages vary considerably as there are so many variables when doing studies of this nature.

For condom users, these statistics don't mean much. Some guys have never experienced condom breakage/slippage while some break condoms on a regular basis.

There are numerous factors that affect the odds. Penis size, condom storage conditions, method of putting condom on (is all the air expelled?), rough sex/gentle sex, how much lubrication used? is lub re applied if condom gets dry? type of lubrication used, is anal sex involved (more stress on condom), is condom damaged by sharp fingernails or teeth during oral sex?... and so on and so on and so on.

At the end of the day, it all depends on the luck of the draw. You can be very careful and catch HIV or you can fuck with abandon and catch nothing. How you live your life is your call and nobody elses.

dt3305
04-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Wear a reliable condom (durex, Okomoto) and read the manual on how to wear it probably...squeeze the tip as you unroll it down...
in life if you starts worrying about this and that, might as well don't live...
if you engage and love commerical sex, you worry about STDs and of course the killer HIV...
if you starts to think of the whole lot of gems and virus and bacteria in this world, you will go crazy...what about cancer, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetic, heart attack, soil disease, and etc etc...what about those crap and prawns you eat last nite? are they clean, are they containminated...will my chlorestrol goes up...blah blah blah...
You want to drive your car, you worry about accident, you drink, you worry about police catch you...you want to cross the road, you worry about being knock down...
In short, you have the will to chose. Weigh the risk and know the precaution to take...
you know what? that's one place that is very very safe...it is at Hougang...the name is IMH...you may find me there one day...admission is FOC...all you need is punch a policeman silly and act like a nut and the police will give you a free ticket to IMH...

The_Unrepentant
04-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Tell us all here, what is 100% in life - did it exisit in the first instance?

Yes.U will and we will die someday.:D

Rof|maoxz
04-01-2006, 07:39 PM
can anyone tell me.

BK, if you have the time, spend some time reading on this site. (http://www.thebody.com/sitemap.html) I believe the experts there can anwser your Qs. From what I know, at the early stage of HIV transmission, the doctors has very firm stand that proper condom usage can prevent up to 87-97% of HIV exposure. Nowadays I think doctors has retracted their view and quote the general statement. How the % is calculated, I will not know.

Latex condoms also provide some protection
against sexually transmitted infection.

Condoms--88-97% effective

Condoms are sheaths made of latex or animal intestine that cover the man's penis and prevent his semen from entering the woman's body. Latex condoms also provide some protection against sexually transmitted infection. In order to be effective, the condom must be put on before intercourse is begun. For the best fit, the man should already have an erection. The best latex condoms have a reservoir tip, a narrower area at the end to catch the semen. When putting on the condom, pinch the condom tip so that it is collapsed, making a place for the semen to go after ejaculation; otherwise the condom may break if too much pressure builds up inside. Just as important: The man should be sure to hold the condom at the base of the penis as he withdraws to prevent the condom from slipping off.

Condom breakage happens most commonly to men who are unfamiliar with its use. Knowing how to properly put on the condom decreases its chance of breaking. In theory, condoms have about a 3 percent failure rate. In reality, about 12 percent of women will become pregnant within one year of use. If you and your partner have condoms around for birth control, don't forget to use them. They won't do you any good sitting in your purse or buried in the back of a nightstand drawer; in such cases, the failure rate in one year jumps to nearly 80 percent.

Condom makers or doctors may say that condoms are ??% safe, if properly worn. But it all depends on the wearer, how he open up the packing, put in on, or how hard is the your thrusting force for example. :D Nothing is 100% safe, I can assure you.

tongkat.ali
08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
if i'm not wrong it's just a scientific statistics to cover their ass.....

if you say 100% safe, even if it's "user fault" they will also blame you. So it's always better to say less than 100% accuracy :)

AfA_hmor
10-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Wear a reliable condom (durex, Okomoto) and read the manual on how to wear it probably...squeeze the tip as you unroll it down...
in life if you starts worrying about this and that, might as well don't live...
if you engage and love commerical sex, you worry about STDs and of course the killer HIV...
In short, you have the will to chose. Weigh the risk and know the precaution to take...
you know what? that's one place that is very very safe...

Bro dt3305, thanks for the great posting on how to use the condom properly. AfA have conducted talks before on condom usage, and it is surprising to find that a lot of people do not know how to use, check or store a condom properly. Using a condom improperly or that is defective is equivalent to not using any at all, and the risks of catching any STDs or HIV will increase.

We all have the right to choose how we want to lead our lives, and what risks or precautions to take. There is no such thing as a risk-free and safe world. There will also be dangers abound, it is up to you to choose which road to take, and accept the consequences of one’s actions :cool: