PDA

View Full Version : Successful and Optimistic

Sammyboy RSS Feed
31-08-2014, 03:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Went to catch a movie, The Four (Part 3), when I met up with another friend, with his wifey, and 2 children, already adult, if you ask me, aged, 23 and 21.

Coming to his mid 50s, asked him how is he and family. Very well, he told me, as we walk together to grab a cup of coffee, while the wife and children, went to do some shopping.

Earlier on in the years, already know he is doing insurance and did well too, told me he invested in a few properties, at least 5 to 8 years earlier and is doing well on that aspect. Stay in one condo and rented out the remaining 3.

Understand from him, the son did not do well to go into uni locally, but contemplated overseas studies instead, but after consideration, rather then spending the money for oversea studies, he decided to go into retail business, roping in both the sons and wife. Though they have not done retail before, I did ask him for the reason why. He told me rather then spending at least 300 thousand, to study in the USA, might as well use the money to set up a business for his children to run, while he does not interfere in the day to day running, if they encounter any problem, will always seek his advise on how to resolve.

Just started not too long ago, while all are very busy, they look very committed to make the business work.

My thought is, it is definitely better than throwing money for some US degree, and coming back into Singapore to compete with the FTs. Teaching them how to fish is definitely more valuable than giving them the 300k outright.

Anyway, after coffee, he offered a lift, and told me to try out his brand new X5, which I told him another day, as was rushing back home.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?189095-Successful-and-Optimistic&goto=newpost).