PDA

View Full Version : Oh god, this CH confession makes me feel contrite for calling all of them cunts.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
27-08-2014, 11:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Dumbfucks but certainly not cunts!

CHC Confessions

6 hours ago · Edited

At this point of what's transpired, perhaps it's time to "turn to your neighbor" and say "why like that?"

So many of us are trying to process what's been revealed to us. I'm beginning to understand why so many leaders and members who had started out with CHC from the get go had left. (*And no please don't include DD in it, someone else could talk about it). I'm beginning to understand how transparency triumphs over secrecy that's bogged down by loyalty. Then at the same time, my heart grieves for the place I've loved that has become nothing but a carcass.

I remember having Bible study in the McDonalds that was next to Hollywood theater. It was either that or along the side of Hollywood theater near the small little drain. Who would have known one large drink was all you needed to "chop" a table for the next few hours (for fellowship or Bible study).

I remember the various church-wide Bible studies we had. The ones in Hollywood theater, and the ones held in World Trade center. Night after night, we would show up. And at times the meetings ended past 10pm. Sometimes I wonder how secondary students made it back to school the next day. Or what they'd tell their parents for arriving home at such hours of the night. No wonder parents were upset with CHC. But some of us took it as "parental objection", the very famous "PO", and we wore it like a badge. As if we were being persecuted for Christ's sake. Now on hindsight, it isn't wise for teenagers to be out that late on a school night. And what kind of testimony were we setting when we were defiant to our parents.

I was one of those who helped with the earlier mission trips. We didn't call it the "Crossover" then. It's only recently that they've tried to brand it as such. These mission trips had very little to do with interacting with the locals. Rather, it was to be support staff helping with the logistics and hyping up the atmosphere by being glow-stick waving fans. But at that time, most of us did it because we genuinely believed that people would receive a hopeful message.

Now, looking back and with the information we have from the court hearing, I can't help but feel disgusted and disappointed. We gave and served keeping in mind "unequal amounts, but equal sacrifice" (which was a banner on the wall in Hollywood theater). Yet, at the same time, to know that we were milked like cash cows. Irony. since KH used "rancher" as a metaphor to describe his role. Ranchers are out to get the highest yield and the best return on investment. There's nothing pastoral about that term, except that relationships are transactional. Oh and at the same time, it also says people are disposable.

When we moved to JW, it was a glorious day! The building was (and still is) beautiful. To build debt-free was the goal, and we did it. We even had enough to purchase a nearby land (somewhere in JW, I think it has since been sold). Even the thought of having our own baptism pool at the roof top, was something to be proud of. Before our JW building, remember where we'd have baptisms? East Coast park!

Now to think about it, so much of CHC centered around SH. Those years we had School of Creative Arts, it was a great time for many of us as a church. There were gifted and talented people who simply loved God and wanted to prepare themselves to better serve their congregations. Somehow, for their final year performance, "Angel", the star of the show wasn't a student, rather it was SH. Those who remember, would remember that it was held at the Raffles Hotel's theater. School of Creative Arts didn't last long. They attracted the dancers, musicians and singers that they needed. And not soon after, SH launched her secular singing career. Something that I didn't understand was her denial of being a "Pastor". We had always called her "Pastor" in a loving and respectful way. She was even ordained, hence her "reverend" status. She was even a lecturer for School of Theology, teaching the art of preaching (despite not having the credentials for it by going to an accredited seminary or theological school). But then again, SOT is a bible school we shouldn't expect much right? Or should we?

There's been a lot of good through my time at CHC. Yet, with what's going on and what's been revealed, it's been difficult for many to process. We were told that SH was doing well. And it was out of the royalties as well as the income from SKIN, she was able to live such a life. DD even said in an interview that for someone with her social and professional status (which we now know is fluff), it isn't surprising that she lived in a US$28,000 per month mansion. But now we have information that isn't the case.

To all my fellow friends who have left, what awesome years we had together! Especially those who had mentored and lead me through the years. The CHC DNA I know back in those days was about integrity, character, honesty and a deep love for God and people. To my bandmates, fellow musicians, leaders and awesome ministry kahkis... I give thanks for the friendship and fellowship those days have given us. Won't exchange it for the world.

Peace

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?188807-Oh-god-this-CH-confession-makes-me-feel-contrite-for-calling-all-of-them-cunts&goto=newpost).