PDA

View Full Version : Testing for herpes without visible sores

LeGeezar
24-08-2014, 02:56 AM
Hello folks,

I think this might be a good time to put some effort into quitting the scene (hopefully for good?). I would like to know if it is possible to test for HSV 1 or 2 without any visible symptoms. I cannot seem to find this information easily on the web. I thought it might be easier to ask on the forums.

Many thanks,

sammyboyfor
24-08-2014, 03:21 AM
If you have no symptoms, what's the point of testing?

Most people in the world are infected by either HSV1 or 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_herpes_simplex

Worldwide rates of HSV infection – counting both (HSV-1) and (HSV-2) – are between 65% and 90%.[1] Although many people infected with HSV develop labial or genital lesions, the majority are either undiagnosed or display no physical symptoms—individuals with no symptoms are described as asymptomatic or as having subclinical herpes.[2]

LeGeezar
24-08-2014, 03:45 AM
I was thinking that I don't want to transmit anything I've gotten from these adventures to my future spouse. So if I was infected, I could take precautionary measures (maybe antivirals, I don't know) to reduce the chance of transmission.

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter if it is that widespread.

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

sammyboyfor
24-08-2014, 03:59 AM
I was thinking that I don't want to transmit anything I've gotten from these adventures to my future spouse. So if I was infected, I could take precautionary measures (maybe antivirals, I don't know) to reduce the chance of transmission.

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter if it is that widespread.

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

When you meet your future spouse, both of you can get tested together and you can then make decisions based on the outcome.

KungFuFighter
29-08-2014, 12:46 AM
When you meet your future spouse, both of you can get tested together and you can then make decisions based on the outcome.

Agree with this 100% boss, very good advice indeed