PDA

View Full Version : Monetisation of HDB flats - amended

Sammyboy RSS Feed
19-08-2014, 09:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I have been quite positive about monetisation of HDB flats...until the government amended the eligibility age to 65 on 17 Aug 2014. (please visit the HDB website)

Just before the ND Rally speech on 17 Aug 2014, the eligibility age was at 55.

I am positive of such a scheme because I thought the $20,000 bonus would see many people through from 55 to 65.

Zagy was still talking about sellers worrying about out-living the lease buy-back on 16 August 2014. Why would a dying 85-year-old worry on behalf of the government?

To add salt to injury, the "experts" are still talking today (19 Aug 2014) about out-living the 30-year lease retained because either they too have been blind-sided or are too lazy to update their spin-doctoring.

Strangely, the eligibility age for studio apartments still remains at 55. The Silver Housing Bonus for down-sizing too remains at 55.

How could the government make such a big change at the snap of a finger? Or some civil servant made a big mistake.

Edited: They have just updated the annex B to reflect 65 years for the SHB as at morning of 19 Aug 2014. LOL!

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?188178-Monetisation-of-HDB-flats-amended&goto=newpost).