PDA

View Full Version : Best Pick up line at pubs?

joey2003
03-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi bros...

Any of you ever picked up gals or got picked up by gals? share with us what pickup line did you use? or you just used your charm? :P I screwed up 2 weeks ago at Dbl O... one hot gal (sexy body but face normal only) was "purposely" dancing in front of me and I think she was waiting for me to make a move... but I "acted" cool mainly coz I didn't know what to say... then some other guys approached her...DAMN!

as for ladies? Any of you ever got picked up in pubs? Was it coz the guy was funny or is it coz of his looks? :P

Tai_zi21
03-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Looks always play a part but being funny also help la i guess!

But to mi dun use lines like Hi can i know u or Hi can i buy u a drink? Too Outdated liao leh!

joey2003
03-12-2005, 10:41 PM
From my observations at the pubs...it seems more guys would use the "hi can i buy you a drink" more often than "hi can I know you?"...coz they can IMPRESS the gal... Agree?

And most gals will prefer "hi can i buy you a drink"...coz Free drink..who don't want...

Although it is outdated but I'm sure many bros out there ever tried this tactic right? how is the success rate? Anyone got contact numbers from using the outdated "hi can I buy you a drink" line? or you guys think gals prefer the cheaper method "hi can i be your friend"

Personally, I think hi can i be your friend is rather lame....unless you look like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt...

asdfghjkl
03-12-2005, 10:44 PM
my last 3 few tries: "hi! can i know u?"

the 3 distinct girls all said: "no" and walked away.. :rolleyes:

Tai_zi21
03-12-2005, 10:45 PM
And most gals will prefer "hi can i buy you a drink"...coz Free drink..who don't want...

Ever Try before u ask the gal,and the gal ask u to open a bottle of her? If let say u ask this ques,Wat if the gal say... hhmm ok lor 1 bottle of louis 13?

Make Eye contact 1st ba! if she still make eye contact with u a few times liao! then go chat up with her lor... u can ask her like Hi u 1st time come to here? Make a conversation out of it lor!

My 0.001 Cent pt of View! :)

joey2003
03-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Ever Try before u ask the gal,and the gal ask u to open a bottle of her? If let say u ask this ques,Wat if the gal say... hhmm ok lor 1 bottle of louis 13?

Make Eye contact 1st ba! if she still make eye contact with u a few times liao! then go chat up with her lor... u can ask her like Hi u 1st time come to here? Make a conversation out of it lor!

My 0.001 Cent pt of View! :)

Thanks bro... your point is well noted...I will use your technique next time I got to the pub and do get lucky again...

As for the part when asked "can i get you a drink" and she says "hmm ok lor 1 bottle of louis 13", I will say " erm... sorry I have an emergency and I have to leave, maybe next time" and get the hell out of there and pray hard I never meet her or her friends again... haha :p

wiley01
03-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Hmmm.. pick up lines at bars. I think most of them have been used in one way or another like "if I told you you had a great body would you hold it against me?" or "is it hot in here or is it you". OK.. realistically though, I usually just start with a normal hi, how are you tonight? I believe if we just be ourselves that we will relax quicker and not say too many stupid things, remember we are guys and girls expect us to say stupid things... LOL
The best thing is to look into her eyes, not her breasts (at least not when she is looking at you...hehehe), let her talk,listen to her and respond to what she is saying with some good feedback. Be casual, and upbeat. Treat her with respect and be a gentleman.
I am no Don Juan, and I don't look like a stud, but I do have a decent success rate when I meet women. Don't always expect them to jump on your little brother the first night. It may take a couple times of meeting her.
Speaking of pick up lines....... Do you know the most popular pick up line in a gay bar?

May I push in your stool? (sick, but funny)

Harrier24B
03-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi bros...

Any of you ever picked up gals or got picked up by gals? share with us what pickup line did you use? or you just used your charm?

Maintain eye contact and if she smiles......"Hi there, care to join me?"

:cool:

milffella
03-12-2005, 11:08 PM
hehe, works for a few girls.
if you try on the superior complex lady....she would say ' no thanks,
you dun go buying drinks around duncha?':rolleyes:

joey2003
03-12-2005, 11:19 PM
One question though... In a pub...if the music is softer..it is okay to talk... but in a DISCO... where everyone is dancing and the music is super loud.... How do you talk to a gal without shouting into her ear (and burst her ear drum) and still manage to get her number?

Any special techniques? Ask her to go outside for a chat? haha..sounds like asking her to go outside for a fight...:D

Castrol
04-12-2005, 12:18 AM
in discos where it is very noisy, where i cant even hear myself talk, i usually smile at the girl first from a short distance away...

once she smiles back, i will try to lift up my glass or mug to "cheers" her (you know, plus eye contacts and all that etc...). see her responses, her willingness. if so far so good, i will show her a hand sign. its a handphone sign with my thumb and last finger outstretched and raised up to my ears. it means i want her tel or hp number.

i succeeded with that on a few occasions before. but of course, getting contact number is one thing, bonking the girl is another. :o

Sorin^^
04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
i succeeded with that on a few occasions before. but of course, getting contact number is one thing, bonking the girl is another.

Foah!! Getting thr contact is already a big step ahead. Goot one bro!:D

Bonking u got succeed(or rather relationship)? or u mean haf to kckc with them after tat nite rite to bonk? Pardon my ignorance, nvr succeed in picking up gals. Paiseh :(

Cheers

manson
04-12-2005, 12:48 AM
if you're in a quieter pub.. maybe you can say to her,

"can i take a look at your clothes tag?"

if she asked why, then say,

"i wanna check whether are you made in heaven"

:D usually in disco i think people will just flash their mobile phones to ask the girl for her no. as in show her the phone and she'll punch the no. in if she likes you.

Sorin^^
04-12-2005, 12:52 AM
"can i take a look at your clothes tag?"

if she asked why, then say,

"i wanna check whether are you made in heaven"

This one is abit "thick-skin" on the guy. But i guess the gals will like it. :D Will surely make them laugh and break the ice cos its abit funny.:)

lestat_666
04-12-2005, 01:38 AM
Haha. Pick-up lines are great. I love those. There is a neverending supply to cheesy, corny, humourous ones and you know, some of them may just work?

Here are a few I know but never had the guts to try:

Boy: "Hello(taps girl lightly on shoulder), did that hurt?"

Girl:"Did what hurt?"

Boy:"When you fell down from heaven."

Another

Boy:"Is your father a baker?"

Girl:"No, why?"

Boy:"Because your buns are hot!"

Niceman
04-12-2005, 03:03 AM
Try the following.....1 woman used this to pick up my friend in a pub, he was drinking alone then...

Man have their needs, woman have their needs too, your place, my place or somewhere esle?

Interesting....:D

Porschie1968
04-12-2005, 03:39 AM
Normally, I'll walk to the bird and ask if she was staring at me cos I look funny or she was waiting for me to approach her??

That'll definitely break the ice as she wouldn't be expecting such questions to come to her. When she dun know how to reply you that's a good start as you can follow by ask her to introduce herself to you 1st as she was the 1 interested to know you.

It works so far to break the ice. But do it when the bird or birds are alone not with guys as it wouldn't be funny. Getting the no. and more depends then on how much she's impressed by you.

But I found so far that most birds like nasty and cocky guys, not the Mr. Nice Guy anymore. So remember to be cocky but yet funny....

Nismo
04-12-2005, 03:50 AM
.....Personally, I think hi can i be your friend is rather lame....unless you look like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt...

If you actually do look like either Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt, the ladies will be tripping over their panties trying to attract your attention. There shan't be any need for any pick-up lines on your part.

The bottomline is: Looks does Matter!

- Nismo -

Reaper
04-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Tried this a few times and it actullay works......

Of coz u must know ht staff at the place...

The ger caught my attention... so ask the bartender/server wat she's drinking....buy her the next drink..go up to her and say.."hope you enjoy the drink" and just walk away or leave the bar/pub....1/2 later...get a call from the ger which she got the number from the staff..... learnt this from watching "hitch" and surprised it actually works....:p

CHEERS

Sorin^^
04-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Boy: "Hello(taps girl lightly on shoulder), did that hurt?"
Girl:"Did what hurt?"
Boy:"When you fell down from heaven."

Another
Boy:"Is your father a baker?"
Girl:"No, why?"
Boy:"Because your buns are hot!"

IMHO Bro! The first one abit cold leh!Maybe the gal will huh??:confused: ??
The second i scare the gal will give a tight hot slap across the face leh!:D She may tink that wow u have been noticing my boobs/butt all the while.

Nevertheless can try out see can work out?

My dear 2 cents of opinion.

packardbell
04-12-2005, 11:32 AM
The second i scare the gal will give a tight hot slap across the face leh!:D She may tink that wow u have been noticing my boobs/butt all the while.

Ya Ya, agreed totally, gal does not like man to talk abt her boob or
butt even it is atractive. Funny hor. But, will be a high risk to
start this type of opening chat with a stranger gals. I ever tried to
offer a drink to a gal at Devil's Bar. I saw 3 gals sitting together near the
dacing floor upstair (those who went to DB will know that dacing floor
is upstair). I order a Voka Lime for a gal that I spotted and get the
waiter to send over to her. As I am with a fren bcos it was quite crowed
then, we both are standing. As the waiter pointed to the gal that I was
the one ordered the drink for her. She then, smile and give me a gesture
like Thanks you. I also kind of acknowledge it. Then, later, she wave her
hand and we walked over and she invited us to join her. However, nothing,
happened then bcos they are actually waiting for their bf.. Shit. so lesson
leant is that need to check-out the status 1st before throwing some
$ with no returns.

VBScripts
04-12-2005, 12:08 PM
I did this just in the month of October when I was in KL. I was at a Pub tat evening after a hard day meeting and wanted to relax quietly alone in the early evening after dinner. I ordered a bottle drink while enjoying myself to the music and drink, noticed a middle-age lady sitting alone in front of the bar table and caught my attention, it was rather early the time and the Pub wasn’t crowned. She noted that I was looking at her and she gave me a friendly smile and rise her glass to toss to me, and I reciprocated.

For about 15-20 minutes I keep staring at her and try to attract her with some body language that I am alone and I am available. By then, knowing her drink was finishing, I asked a waitress to invite her over to share my bottle of drink with me. And she came over, and we had an evening chatting and drinking till almost mid-night and ended up in my hotel room until the next morning.

Well, I am not charming and I am not good at picking up women either, it may be just happened that I was lucky at that moment. Anyway, this kind of encounter may not be applicable to those young gals at the disco pub.

It is just my part of contribution for sharing with brothers here.

covenn
04-12-2005, 12:41 PM

haha i've alwaz thot of using cheesy pickup lines but somehw when i approached the ladies, i'll still go like 'hi im XXX, u look kinda cute.' paiseh to use cheesy lines. oh ya i think complements would be a gd way to get it going. which girl doesnt love subtle complements. juz dun overdo it

Nismo
04-12-2005, 12:55 PM
IMHO Bro! The first one abit cold leh!Maybe the gal will huh ..The second i scare the gal will give a tight hot slap across the face leh! She may tink that wow u have been noticing my boobs/butt all the while.

In my opinion, lines, dialogues, and scripts - thou play a part, are secondary.

What's important is in its delivery. Identical lines - delivered with varying styles will yield differing results. And of course it also depends on who's doing the pick-up.

Henceforth, frankly i do not reckon there's any point in accessing which is the "Best Pick up line at pubs". Afterall, "Different strokes for different folks!"

And it wouldn't hurt if you're 6ft tall, charmingly handsome, with a disarming smile to boot! :D

- Nismo -

Sorin^^
04-12-2005, 01:04 PM
In my opinion, lines, dialogues, and scripts - thou play a part, are secondary.

What's important is in its delivery. Identical lines - delivered with varying styles will yield differing results. And of course it also depends on who's doing the pick-up.

Henceforth, frankly i do not reckon there's any point in accessing which is the "Best Pick up line at pubs". Afterall, "Different strokes for different folks!"

And it wouldn't hurt if you're 6ft tall, charmingly handsome, with a disarming smile to boot!

- Nismo -

True indeed bro. If u got the daoheng/charm, confirm can make it lah. haha!:D As long as very zai can liao.:)

joey2003
04-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Personally, I feel that it is easier to pick up ang moh babes in pubs and discos than it is to pick up chinese or asian girls for that matter...

Some chinese gals wanna play "hard to get" and act cold and "cool"...but ang mohs are friendlier and easier to catch up a conversations...

I did got to know quite a few gals when i was in US about half a year ago... the main problem is... they're on the other side of the world and I'm here currently...haiz...

Any Bros out there got to know ang moh gals in pubs and discos? are they easier to get to know than asians? :p

ferrari355
04-12-2005, 03:01 PM
One question though... In a pub...if the music is softer..it is okay to talk... but in a DISCO... where everyone is dancing and the music is super loud.... How do you talk to a gal without shouting into her ear (and burst her ear drum) and still manage to get her number?

Any special techniques? Ask her to go outside for a chat? haha..sounds like asking her to go outside for a fight...:D

depends on wat signals u get frm the gal. if she's comfortable with u, den u can try moving ur lips close to her ears, but not facing it directly. ur head is facing more towards the back of her head so both ur cheeks are right next to each other. this way, there's no need to shout. just talk at ur normal voice. she'll be able to hear u quite clearly and also smell ur manly scent. u can also smell her hair and feel the warmth eminating frm her cheeks.

u may not be convinced, but when in such close proximity, the human sub-conscious can sense certain things. for guys, we tend to be less sensitive to it but gals can sense whether u're the right guy to hang out with in the disco or whether u're just lame, insincere and just wanna get into her pants.

be sincere, be yourself, be natural, and humour always helps. not those jokes we hear or read but more gentle, impromptu humour, injecting comments into your sentences to lighten them up and make her laugh a bit. she'll find u funny and interesting by the end of the night and ur chances of getting her no and a second date will be very good.

Castrol
05-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Foah!! Getting thr contact is already a big step ahead. Goot one bro!:D

Bonking u got succeed(or rather relationship)? or u mean haf to kckc with them after tat nite rite to bonk? Pardon my ignorance, nvr succeed in picking up gals. Paiseh
Cheers

hahaha.. well bro, we men got a lot of kc can give to girls. so no problem as long as the girl is "itchy" enough...

but i noticed in recent years, many girls are very willing to let guys have their contact nos, actually mobile phone nos. it may not mean the girl actually like the guy, its just nothing much to them. girls are getting bolder nowadays? :D

ekpat
05-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Yo Bros,
The best pick up is:
" Care for a drink, while I get to know you better" (in a Pub)
" Great moves you have there, care to show me and guide me? If Yes, drink and supper on me, if not Drink on me and chauffer I be" either way you win(in disco)

Note we must be bold wanna know why? B'cos SGGer think SGMan LP too small,
so show them what we are made of.

milo_man
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
i do agree wif some bros technique of 1st makin eye contact,if nv reject,must immediately go up n tackle her.if not,there will b many chee hong ppl appear n ur chances r blew up.once both of u hook up,dun ever lose sight of her cos end of day,she might end up bonkin another guy whom jus xian her.
For me these all works,Rem,dun keep thinkin u wan to bonk her immediately esp she is a local.cos ur brain wun stay calm likely she gets pissed off .

DOM1
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Normally, I'll walk to the bird and ask if she was staring at me cos I look funny or she was waiting for me to approach her??

That'll definitely break the ice as she wouldn't be expecting such questions to come to her....

Brudder,

Imagine this:

Guy: oi! kway si mi!

Gal: Lim peh kway li eh lumpar! an zua! kway lim peh buay song si bo?

Guy:...................

Gal: Li ti to tolok? Simi ji ho? *smash a bottle of beer*

Guy:I only li li li listen to Bro Po po po....

Gal: po si mi po??!! Liang Po Po ha? li kum lan ah! simi lancheow ji ho? Liang Po po pun wu ji ho mei?

Guy: Br rrru der der der Po po porschee....

Gal:chee? chee bye lah!! li ai an zua ka lim peh settle???

Guy:............................

DOM the clown :D

5stars
05-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Bro, what you wrote is damn funny? Laugh for once today. Thanks!

But, we seldom go and sian Ah Lian in clubs lah. Someone chio and elegant - would be surprised if she acts like that.

It really take lots of courage to go to these girls. We are born with balls, but sometimes we left them in the freezer leh :D

pacman20
06-12-2005, 02:04 AM
i tried something that was pretty daring but haven tried it since.
went up to a girl and took her drink. After downing it, i smiled and said:" now i know why u like it ." and ask the bartender for two more. while waiting i chat with her and got to know her, get number, go for second date.etc.etc. now she is an " intimate " friend. :p
dunnoe if this works well though cos haven used that again since. lol.

Tequila Pop
06-12-2005, 02:23 AM
went up to a girl and took her drink. After downing it, i smiled and said:" now i know why u like it ."
Really salute u :p

lestat_666
06-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Hmmm.. I think pick up lines work with girls that are generally more open and friendly. Not the uptight, fake sorts that think so highly of themselves.

Avoid places like mohammed sultan road, really. Most of the girls there all are butterflies anyway.

You would want to go to clarke quay and holland village that mostly have an expatriate crowd of ang mohs that are well-to-do and the friendly sort. Although I'v come across the sort there that look down on locals either because of our race or income.

When out of luck, there are always the joo chiat pubs anyway! :D

Johnston
06-12-2005, 06:58 PM
hahaha.. well bro, we men got a lot of kc can give to girls. so no problem as long as the girl is "itchy" enough...

but i noticed in recent years, many girls are very willing to let guys have their contact nos, actually mobile phone nos. it may not mean the girl actually like the guy, its just nothing much to them. girls are getting bolder nowadays? :D

Or sometimes they just want you go away, or make you happy for a while.

Even a lousy guy like me, ever so often i get a number or too.
then the number instead of being a golden hole, becomes a black hole, where i waste plenty of smses.

after a week or 2 , bth and call the number. a guy pick up.
damn sian.

getting the number isn't even half the work, more like 1/4 the work.