PDA

View Full Version : COI on Chua Tian Poh Nomination Scandal

Sammyboy RSS Feed
09-08-2014, 04:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I had so many calls on his nomination in the last few hours. People in the know were shocked. It shows how bold the PAP govt has become or how detached it is from society or both to have the audacity to nominate him.

In 2007, the auditor general who reports to the President pointed out on his report that Chua was sold land in Sentosa without a tender being called and the valuation was below market value. There was no attempt to remediate the situation or recover the difference. Chua made no attempt to pay the difference and all Singaporeans were short changed. Chua who was chairman of SDC and privy to its plans resigned just prior to the land acquisition. Which by itself is scandalous.

Chua seconded the current President during the presidential nomination process. The. Auditor General who is directly accountable to the President and his staff who uncovered the Sentosa. Cove land debacle are now in a difficult place.

There should be a parliamentary inquiry or commission of inquiry on how this person was nominated for the National Day honour. Truly disgraceful. We have NS men who lost their lives or have been maimed for life and have done more for this country than this guy who basically got handout from the state.

If I was given state land below valuation without going thru a tender exercise and not given appropriate level of dispensation, I would have been charged in court for criminal conspiracy together with public servants that handled this transaction. I can offer no reasonable defence because I know that this is not the practice of any government institution, it is not appropriate practice and I would have made a wrongful gain at the expense of the taxpayer.

As the values involved are high, I would have been expected to do valuation to protect my interest and would have known that the state was selling way below valuation. I would have been duty bound to notify the state. It is no different to I erroneously receiving additional credit to my bank account and then misappropriating it.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?187545-COI-on-Chua-Tian-Poh-Nomination-Scandal&goto=newpost).