PDA

View Full Version : There's a road named SAM LEONG ROAD

potty
23-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi guys,

Was travelling along jalan besar and saw this road named after sam leong. Has anyone noticed that before? It might not be anything spectacular but I just that it was really funny. I was going to come down from my car and take a photo of it but got bus behind me.

If you don't believe you guys can do a search, it is between kitchener road and syed alwi road.

Just thought sam should should know he has a road named after him.:D

sg_boytoy
23-11-2005, 04:56 AM
Bro potty, I've always suspected that sammyboy.com and the name Samuel Leong came about because of this road - last time the Jalan Besar stretch was the red light district in Singapore :D

shit8
23-11-2005, 05:07 AM
haha agreed saw that too..was have pigs organ soup nearby

freeman
23-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Sam leong street in mandairn mean three dragon. I live near around this area for years. They have pig organ noodle, chicken rice and mixed rice very nice. If you free drop by to have the chicken rice highly recommended by me.

whitegals
23-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi guys,

Was travelling along jalan besar and saw this road named after sam leong. Has anyone noticed that before? It might not be anything spectacular but I just that it was really funny. I was going to come down from my car and take a photo of it but got bus behind me.

If you don't believe you guys can do a search, it is between kitchener road and syed alwi road.

Just thought sam should should know he has a road named after him.:D

You mean you thought that Sam Leong was his real name? Bro, this is the internet, never use your real name. I hope you didn't think that the brother who's nick is Tan Ah Kow is really called Tan Ah Kow! :D

thaivisitor
23-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi guys,

Just thought sam should should know he has a road named after him
The site and forum, as I understand, is named from this road, not the other way round.

As I understand, there was a group of guys who wanted to open a forum, each contributing different aspects of the sex scene in SG. They were discussing in a coffee house near Sam Leong road and decided to name the forums after it.

This was told to me by one of the pioneers who was involved, unless he's lying.

Cheers
Tee Vee

HubbyNaked
23-11-2005, 10:10 AM
This was told to me by one of the pioneers who was involved, unless he's lying.
Hossan Leong might be there too. Cos Sam's avarta look like Hossan :D

sg_boytoy
23-11-2005, 11:00 AM
The site and forum, as I understand, is named from this road, not the other way round.

So my suspicions were quite spot-on lor :D

sg_boytoy
23-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Well, if you care... there is even a very well known chef named "Sam Leong".

* Gasps * :eek: , maybe he is the legendary towkay of SBF, I wonder if samsters go to any of the Tung Lok restaurants got discount or not, ha ha ha :D

devilboy99
23-11-2005, 01:49 PM

Actually i agree with u... hehehe... Sam's avarta does look like Hossan Leong

laodi123456789
23-11-2005, 01:56 PM
You mean you thought that Sam Leong was his real name? Bro, this is the internet, never use your real name. I hope you didn't think that the brother who's nick is Tan Ah Kow is really called Tan Ah Kow! :D

Ah shit! Better change my nick b4 one of my students realise where Mr Lao spend his recreation time.

shit8
23-11-2005, 02:35 PM
haha u call me ah..ah shit hehe jokin...at least no one would know me by my name

England
23-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Maybe they are cousins :D

Kyser Soze
23-11-2005, 07:04 PM

That's interesting for naming a website after the road. No one would have guessed it. :D