PDA

View Full Version : Son Served NS to Protect Rich SG Only for Mom to Be Replaced by Msian FTrash.Song Bo?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
22-06-2014, 05:13 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://therealsingapore.com/content/...laysian-70-pay (http://therealsingapore.com/content/48-year-old-office-manager-replaced-23-year-old-malaysian-70-pay)

48 YEAR-OLD OFFICE MANAGER REPLACED WITH 23 YEAR-OLD MALAYSIAN AT 70% PAY.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}
Post date:
21 Jun 2014 - 9:02pm

Dear The Real Singapore,

I have been working for this SME since 2007 dealing in IT software as an assistant office manager. The work has been quite demanding because I have to deal with everything from accounts to marketing to customer queries, but I had received rather good reviews by my managing director.

All these began to change when the director decided to semi-retire and ask his son to co-manage his business as his son had just graduated from a private university. The first thing the son did was to spend a lot of money, from renovating the office to buying a Mercedes for himself as a company car.

This was absurd because the company actually help other companies ‘earn’ money from the PIC grant by selling overpriced websites and apps. Not understanding his, he had the nerve to alter the contract terms of the sales staff from a 30% commission to a meagre fixed pay ($800) and 20% commission with 25% for sales above $100,000 a month.
The truth is that this company add no value at all. For example, they would bill $15,000 for a simple website and app design that can be had for less than $500 in India. Most companies would pay because using the $15,000 invoice they can then claim $24,000 from IRAS and pocket $9,000.

My last drawn salary was $2.6k which he deemed too expensive for a LCCI certification holder even though I handle plenty of duties. As a result, he gave me one-month pay and told me to leave. I was shocked because his dad had been happy with my work all along.

I tried asking MOM for help, but they said it was a contractual dispute because the employment contract clearly stated that one month’s notice was sufficient without having to give reason. Next thing I know, a young Malaysian girl as an “Operations Executive” was hired for $1.8k.

My husband is a construction supervisor and we bought out flat cheap in 90s so we do not have any remaining loans at all. Thankfully, my elder son is going to finish NS and my daughter has just graduated from poly so the financial burden of losing my job is not that bad.

Both of them have already found jobs and ask me to rest more at home. Iwent for several interviews and managed to find a job as a clinic receptionist cum admin near my house for a pay of only $1.8k which is more than enough for me to survive.

But after this incident I am actually thinking: is mid-40s the end of the road for most people’s career in Singapore as there are so many cheap foreigners around and no labour protection and help from the government? What will happen to my children as the costs of living continually increase?

Thanks,
Mei Yee
TRS reader

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?184569-Son-Served-NS-to-Protect-Rich-SG-Only-for-Mom-to-Be-Replaced-by-Msian-FTrash-Song-Bo&goto=newpost).