PDA

View Full Version : KJ rebuts Hri, corrects his English and challenges Hri to sue for defamation

Sammyboy RSS Feed
21-06-2014, 04:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

On 18 June Hri Kumar, MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC and Senior Counsel, put up a post on his Facebook page presenting me in a false and wholly negative light in an attempt to damage my credibility and both my personal and professional integrity. He titled this “Disruptive Politics” and ended his post with the words “Singapore is our home – we must come together to build it, not destroy it”, thus repeating the smear that the PM used in his infamous condolence letter.

The opposite of constructive is actually unconstructive (not disruptive) and its simplest meaning is ‘unhelpful’ or “providing no assistance”Those of you who watched the video of Hri Kumar at the forum dodging a simple question from me will agree there could be no better definition of that fiasco. Unhelpful. Providing no assistance.
I found the MP’s midnight post on Facebook and manner of writing to be histrionic and his content less than convincing. It was a strange way to behave. If Mr Kumar feels I have represented his arguments falsely then he needs to sue me for defamation in open court.
Hri Kumar deals with several points where he says I have misquoted him. I never claimed to be giving a verbatim report. Mr Kumar was showcasing PAP policy and I dealt in general with the arguments advanced by the PAP at the forum. These arguments therefore also apply to Hri Kumar unless he operates an independent and separate micro-economy exclusively in Thompson-Toa Payoh.

Hri Kumar’s response and the government’s response in general have been so unconstructive as to rattle citizens already suspicious of government’s motives in holding back their money.

To take one such response, I touched on CPF’s safe AAA rating. Hri Kumar announced in bold, “ I did not say that.” So what did he say? He doesn’t tell us. What are the citizens to conclude? That CPF is not AAA rated and safe?

Repeatedly saying, I did not say that without further elucidation is the most unconstructive method of presenting an argument that I have ever seen. People all over Singapore are wondering what he is insinuating.

Enough. The people have had their fill of this mixture of half truths, oversimplifications, falsehoods, disinformation and propaganda.
No Party members attended. No friends of mine attended. . I attended not as a party member but independently, in my capacity as a Singaporean at the age when I would like to withdraw my CPF funds and therefore deeply interested in this topic. It is common wherever I go that complete strangers will come up and want to shake my hand as was the case with the line of charming retired nurses. This seems to have unnerved Hri Kumar. It should not What Mr Kumar must accept is that the CPF Minimum Sum is a national issue

Hri Kumar titled his post “Disruptive Politics” as though asking questions is disruptive. In a robust democracy the voices of ordinary people are not seen as disruptive but as a signpost to a better way for all. It is wholly unconstructive to suppress dissent.

Mr Kumar and the political party that he represents need to understand that this objection to the raising of the Minimum Sum is not some secret conspiracy but a genuine and spontaneous public outcry. People at that forum were very angry indeed and wanted their questions to be answered not brushed aside or met with lies and evasion. I can understand that the PAP are rattled that the aims of civil society and political society are starting to intersect and that they may be dealing with a mass movement. However the solution is not to evade the questions and

http://sonofadud.com/2014/06/21/hri-...tive-politics/ (http://sonofadud.com/2014/06/21/hri-kumars-and-the-paps-unconstructive-politics/)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?184530-KJ-rebuts-Hri-corrects-his-English-and-challenges-Hri-to-sue-for-defamation&goto=newpost).