PDA

View Full Version : CPF rally at Hong Lim and the deafening absence of WP and other oppos

Sammyboy RSS Feed
08-06-2014, 01:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

So, a very curious thing happened at the olde rally. 6000 people showed up to speak out and to hear people speak out against the exploitive CPF policies, but the people that mattered the most, the official opposition was noticeable for their absence. Where was the WP? Where were the representatives of other opposition parties? Did Roy ban them? Did the organizers tell them not to come? Here is a ready made opportunity in front of 6000 people, and with your message beamed out on facebook and Youtube within minutes after you speak, and yet you are not there? Is there a better place and time to explain your party's stand on CPF, and what you would change if you took power? Is there a not a great opportunity to say a few words about the abusive nature of CPF, and at least show some support that it must change for the better, and that they are the party to do it? The supposed oppo WP does not only represent WP voters, but it represents the 40% of singaporeans who did not vote for the PAP, this is a large number of people. Over 1 million people. And yet, we have not heard a whimper from them. I want the WP to come out and say "Roy has made many good points regarding the CPF and we are of the same mind". I want them to say "CPF should pay 8% and be allowed to be withdrawn at 55 years". We need an orator of Churchilian proportions to whip the people at Hong Lim into a frenzy.

So, why is it this way? I can only assert that the WP is a fake oppo. People like Roy, Leong, etc. should run as independents in the next elections. I would request Roy to save a small portion of his legal fund donations to use a deposit for the next elections. Or else, they should band together and try for a GRC. Sinkies pay $16000 a month to oppo MPS. If they are not going to speak out on more issues, and keep voting the same way as the PAP, than why don't they just turn their pay over directly to the PAP. They look suspiciously like PAP "B" team to me.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?183569-CPF-rally-at-Hong-Lim-and-the-deafening-absence-of-WP-and-other-oppos&goto=newpost).