PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Centre turning into mini Geylang

vitasoy84
04-06-2014, 10:30 PM
From article: http://therealsingapore.com/content/not-so-peaceful-peace-centre-becoming-2nd-geylang-singapore

"[ Letter sent to Mr Masagos Zulkifli Bin Masagos Mohamad, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Foreign Affairs ]

Dear Encik Masagos,

Salam and I would like to feedback of the not-so-peaceful, Peace Centre and its rowdy/sleazy activities taking place with your ministry licensing permit.

My relative who lives across the street and runs a provision shop in the centre, runs her store literally with fear. In the daytime, anyone who passes by the place could never have imagined that come nightfall, the place effectively turns into a “second Geylang” with rampant coyotes, drugs and the likes of gangsters pitting for influence/control over the scene.

Lawlessness is the norm and order of the night with police not daring to bring crime rates there under control. Rioting with damages to property, blatant smoking in prohibited spots, open selling of controlled and sex enhancement drugs are all but a common and frequent sight. The toilets hygiene standards are also severely lacking.

We knew there were some ongoings but only realised the magnitude of the problem when we went there to unload some goods that had arrived for our store in the middle of the night. Thank goodness nothing bad happened to us as we were in Hijab but I could see that decent folks would avoid the place for fear of sexual harassment.

I had also previously thought that the zone comes under the exclusive “no alcohol zone” and thus wonder how can this still take place? This is also where diplomat Silviu Ionescu would patronise call-girls after getting intoxicated, causing the infamous “2009 Romanian Diplomat Incident”.

In view of the worsening situation, I hope you can instill measures to prevent this part of CBD from turning into another hopeless Jln Suka.

Thank you.

Begum Abdul Rahma "

04-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Bro vitasoy84, yr thread name (Pearl Centre turning into mini Geylang)
Pearl centre in Chinatown leh, but the letter u post is referring to
Peace centre which is in selegie leh.
Anyway, it's a good thing that we have another mini geylang:D

mymail
05-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Which ever it is... Peace Centre or Pearl Centre..

You had just provided the leads for the man in blue.

HornyKingKong
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM

The email had reached the Snr.MOS of Home Affairs.

onlyhuman
05-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Isn't this what Chinatown suppose to be meh...
During the 50s 60s, there is really a red light district in keong saik road mah.

Why the author so bo liao this type of things also wants to complain lor.

HornyKingKong
05-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Isn't this what Chinatown suppose to be meh...
During the 50s 60s, there is really a red light district in keong saik road mah.

Why the author so bo liao this type of things also wants to complain lor.

Bro,
stated in 2nd line, its Peace Centre.
According to his story, seems he has a shop there.

miniboy
05-06-2014, 01:54 PM
was there last friday
having KFChicken for dinner time
and watching all the Cs walk in and out
nice view :D

the man with a shop there must be a joker
businesses are so profitable at peace centre
like that also can kpkb email to ministry
so many rich fellows patronise there and he claim the place unsafe :confused:

chikopey
05-06-2014, 04:55 PM
the macik draw comparising that peace center was becoming jalan suka? so i think we can draw conclusion that the macik has a shop near peace center, and jalan suka is her familiar haunt :confused::eek:

GoldRabbit
05-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Looks like someone will be very busy soon. :D

tryying
05-06-2014, 07:05 PM
A lot of places also become mini Geylang, not only Peace centre. Sooner or later, even you can see your neighbors into it, haha! :D

Intltuk
05-06-2014, 08:04 PM
With police clampdown on Little India and now Geylang...this is not surprising.

Erae
05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
haha some time they just nothing better to do :D

vitasoy84
06-06-2014, 04:56 AM
Bro vitasoy84, yr thread name (Pearl Centre turning into mini Geylang)
Pearl centre in Chinatown leh, but the letter u post is referring to
Peace centre which is in selegie leh.
Anyway, it's a good thing that we have another mini geylang:D

Eh thanks for noticing haha. I always mix up these two places.

vitasoy84
06-06-2014, 04:59 AM

I don't see any leads in it. Besides the letter already went up to the top already so I don't see any harm in re-posting this at all.

clinton
06-06-2014, 11:20 AM

bro the red light district in keong saik road still operates in small scale there :D:D

johnn
07-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Eh thanks for noticing haha. I always mix up these two places.

pearls centre is at the foot of pearl hill.(chinatown)
former colonial govt place.

peace centre near mount sophia

johnn
07-06-2014, 07:45 PM
bro the red light district in keong saik road still operates in small scale there :D:D

during pre war too.
was a majong place with girls to accopmpany

hidden_dragon
07-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Pearl Centre is so quiet. Such a ghost town really. I pass through on the way home every day. It gets quieter at night so it was quite surprising to see the headline :p But like the letter said, Peace Centre. Makes more sense.

owl888
07-06-2014, 10:00 PM
What's the problem with having drinks in KTV, Clarke Quay, Holland V, Boat Quay also have pubs, lounges dunn tell us ban everywhere then where we entertain ourselves and clients?

thomasdelaruue
08-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Pearl Centre is so quiet. Such a ghost town really. I pass through on the way home every day. It gets quieter at night so it was quite surprising to see the headline :p But like the letter said, Peace Centre. Makes more sense.

pearl ctr not ghost town, if u will to look at the ground floor,
with kopi shop, and prata ,noddle stalls, china mee stall.
many ppl.
only second floor, third floor is deserted.
saw the prc lady making way to shift back to ppl park complex.

wah lau chicken rice many people. big bowl of soup.

thomasdelaruue
08-06-2014, 08:35 PM

I remember peace ctre was for good boy type.
tuition school, photo stats exam paper, buy guitas.
christian books, text books shop.

BlueDemon
09-06-2014, 08:39 AM
This clearly shows the disparity our Good MPs have with normal citizens. Geylang and Pearl Centre has been a haven for sex & drugs. They sell openly without much disturbance from authorities. Only many years after, our Good MPs said they are shocked to find so many vice and drugs openly.

Are they really shocked or they want to prove something before the next election?

curry_mutu_man
10-06-2014, 07:42 AM
This clearly shows the disparity our Good MPs have with normal citizens. Geylang and Pearl Centre has been a haven for sex & drugs. They sell openly without much disturbance from authorities. Only many years after, our Good MPs said they are shocked to find so many vice and drugs openly.

Are they really shocked or they want to prove something before the next election?

hey friend, i m suffering from dysfunctional erection and my wife suffering from miscarriage and my grandmother suffered from arthritis, I wonder can i put the blame of PAP arh, everything also blamed PAP govt ? :mad:

you are one of the typical idiot who had been brainwashed cleaned cleaned by those online sabo kings and clones 24/7 365 days trying to ruin our country, purposely explained the reverse of the effectiveness of every policy, pushing fellow Singaporean to Hong Lim Park and make a mockery of themselves, covering up their faces with mask and telling Singaporeans they are fight for equality !

brainwashed those stupid and naive to commit graffiti painting, vandalize public property whereas they hid behind the computer without getting their hands dirtied ! :mad:

when is your turn arh ? :rolleyes:

miniboy
11-06-2014, 05:28 PM

the hotel81 keong saik was a frequent place for me after hotel81 china town remove 2hrs room in the evening

curry_mutu_man
12-06-2014, 02:06 AM
bump up the thread !