PDA

View Full Version : Had to retrench a Pinoy staff once- boy did he put up a fight!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
01-06-2014, 04:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

It was restructuring season again and all managers got to 'contribute' to the total cut. As usual we start to 'cull' the average to poor performers. I also made a conscious decision to let go of FTs over local. Thought it should be ok since they r foreigners after all. There was this Pinoy guy, in his 30s, he was a average performer, wasn't hired by me, but I 'inherited' him. So I serve him the bad news and thought he would accept the decision. But to my surprise, he turned nasty and started shouting at me. Tried to calm him down but to no avail. Had to call in security for help. By this time, the whole office was watching, since the shouting and banging was so loud. In the end, we had to frog match him to the door and I had to change the notice period to immediate. Didn't expect that, thought that retrenching local would be harder, but then life is full of surprises!!

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?183009-Had-to-retrench-a-Pinoy-staff-once-boy-did-he-put-up-a-fight!&goto=newpost).