PDA

View Full Version : Danny caught white skunks lying regarding your CPF money

Sammyboy RSS Feed
31-05-2014, 05:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Review Medisave usage policies

MY MOTHER recently suffered a heart attack. She was hospitalised and a stent was inserted into her heart. The resultant hospital bill came up to about $18,400.

My brother and I have more than $90,000 in our Medisave accounts, but only $3,950 could be deducted from my brother's account as this was the maximum amount allowed. We had to pay the remaining amount of more than $14,000 in cash.

Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin said the money in our Central Provident Fund accounts is ours ("CPF money is your money, says Chuan-Jin"; Monday), so why could we not use our money to pay our mother's hospital bill?

Even if the full amount were deducted from my Medisave, I would still have more than $27,000 remaining. Moreover, I am still working and can continue to contribute to build up the funds again.

Instead, we had to find a way to come up with the cash portion for the bill.

I understand that CPF and Medisave funds are to be used for retirement and medical emergencies. But what good is this money if we cannot use it when we need it? CPF usage policies should be reviewed and fine-tuned. The Government should always strive for continual improvements to better the lives of the people.

Danny Tseng

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?182954-Danny-caught-white-skunks-lying-regarding-your-CPF-money&goto=newpost).