PDA

View Full Version : My advice for PM Loong ...... think of your legacy...... are you a benevolent ruler?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
30-05-2014, 01:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

How would Prince Loong be remembered by history?

Can he be compared to the Prince Liu Heng (劉恆) who became Emperor Han Wen-ti 孝文皇帝 of China in BC180?

Emperor Wen was considered one of the most benevolent rulers in Chinese history. His reign was marked by thriftiness and attempts to reduce burdens on the people.

Examples of Emperor Wen's policies that showed kindness and concern for the people include:

In 179 BC, he abolished the law that permitted the arrest and imprisonment of parents, wives, and siblings of criminals, with the exception for the crime of treason.

In 179 BC, he created a governmental assistance program for those in need. Loans or tax exemptions were offered to widowers, widows, orphans, and seniors without children. He also ordered that monthly stipends of rice, wine, and meat be given to seniors over 80 years in age, and that additional stipends of cloth and cotton be given to seniors over 90 years in age.

In 179 BC, he made peace with Nanyue, whose king Zhao Tuo Empress Dowager Lü had offended by an economic embargo and which therefore engaged in raids against the Principality of Changsha (modern Hunan) and the Commandery of Nan (modern Hubei). Emperor Wen accomplished this by writing humble yet assertive letters to Zhao offering peace with dignity and by caring for Zhao's relatives remaining in his native town of Zhending (真定, in modern Shijiazhuang, Hebei).

In 178 BC, after a solar eclipse (then viewed as a symbol of divine displeasure), he requested that officials give him honest criticism and recommend capable individuals for governmental positions. He also tried to decrease mandatory taxes and hard labor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Wendi

Prince Loong should do something kind and benevolent like Prince Liu Heng if he wants to be remembered fondly by history. Unlocking our reserves for the benefit of all aged citizens will be remembered forever........

Do I think he would heed this advice? I really hope so.....

The sad but most likely alternative would be that future generations may spit at the mention of his name........

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?182824-My-advice-for-PM-Loong-think-of-your-legacy-are-you-a-benevolent-ruler&goto=newpost).