PDA

View Full Version : Singh VS Singh and the fake oppo that is Workers Party

Sammyboy RSS Feed
28-05-2014, 07:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I hate to say this, and anyone who knows me in this forum, knows that I hate the PAP. but I have come to conclusion recently, after looking at the voting records of the WP, that they are indeed, no better than the PAP "B" team. These guys have yet to vote, as far as I know, against any PAP bill in Parliament.

As we all know, the recent Facebook postings by Inderjit SIngh covered a wide range of topics and some of them dramatically opposed to the PAPs. I don't really know what to make of this guy. I believe its all fake and a trial balloon. He is after all still voting yea on all the other PAP policies although he abstained from the 6.9 million population white paper. If this guy is for real, he should run as an independent in the next election. I think he would be a shoo in to win, if he disavowed the PAP, not join any oppo parties, and just be an independent candidate.

On the other side, the Workers Party side, we have Pritam Singh. He is a member of an oppo party that has mysteriously stayed silent on all the recent salient issues, i.e. Little India riots, Phillipines National day celebration in Orchard, Anton Casey, train delays, and the recent CPF/Roy lawsuits. every other political oppo party has something in its websites commenting against the govt on these topics. In the last election, do you know what was the difference between the workers party and the national solidarity party of Goh Meng Seng? Less than 16,000 votes. that is a small number, and by some quirk of fate, the WP ended with 6 MPs, and the NSP none. It seems to me that we have voted in the wrong oppo party.

But I digress. Going back to Pritam, I call to mind the debate in parliament recently over the Protection from Harassment Act. we all know what this Act is. Its just more power for the PAP to whack critics. In particular, this clause:

Threatening, abusing or insulting public servant or public
service worker
(1) No person shall by any means
a
) use any indecent, threatening, abusive or insulting words or
behaviour; or
b
) make any indecent, threatening, abusive or insulting
communication,
towards or to a public servant or public service worker (referred to for
the purposes of this section as the victim) in relation to the execution
of the victims duty as such public servant or public service worker.

However, would you believe that Pritam and the WP voted for this bill? In fact, he voted for it even though he claims to have misgivings.

Madam Speaker, my concerns about the potentially wide-ranging application of Section 7 notwithstanding, I support the Bill.

Its amazing that an oppo party would even vote for anything bill that the PAP puts up, much less such a controversial bill as the Harassment Act. Every single bill put up should be vehemently opposed by the WP. So, really, he and the WP are basically PAP stooges. If you ever wonder why Gay Loong is not afraid of the next elections is because he has already inflitrated the WP, and that no matter how many seats the PAP loses to the WP, he can count on them to vote with him each and every time. JBJ would turn in his grave if he saw the WP today.

So, really, who is the sincere SIngh here? HArd to tell, right? I think we really have to be careful of the oppo party we choose at the next elections. i will still vote oppo, but not the WP.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?182664-Singh-VS-Singh-and-the-fake-oppo-that-is-Workers-Party&goto=newpost).