PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Budget in Thailand

GLHunter
09-10-2005, 03:14 AM
bros, i have a very decent girlfrd in thailand & she loves me very much.
i hope to marry her in the near future but is wondering about the budget.
Any bros have any idea how much to budget to go through the whole
process (inclusive of wedding dinner in 4 to 5 star hotel)
i thinking of taking the wedding picture in singapore or malaysia coz i think
those pic taken during her sister wedding looks kinda old-fashioned..
comment :rolleyes: bros?

GLHunter
09-10-2005, 03:21 AM
she says her sister recent wedding spent 250k baht++..

Jun|ch|
09-10-2005, 04:52 AM
she says her sister recent wedding spent 250k baht++..

i guess u are referring to the wedding held in thailand then.u said she loves u very much.Hmm how about ur love for her then??hehe kidding anyway its up to individual how much u want to spend on the wedding itself.Its kinda based on ur own budget and how u want to make it "big".If u want make it big,u can spend even a million baht[S$40k] on it...if u want to keep it simple,u can just invite some friends plus her relatives and stuff.There is no right or wrong anyway.It still beats having a wedding dinner in spore at Fullerton Hotel.Cheaper definitely in thailand.

so who's the lucky girl?? :p

SingViet
09-10-2005, 07:57 AM
i guess u are referring to the wedding held in thailand then.u said she loves u very much.Hmm how about ur love for her then??hehe kidding anyway its up to individual how much u want to spend on the wedding itself.Its kinda based on ur own budget and how u want to make it "big".If u want make it big,u can spend even a million baht[S$40k] on it...if u want to keep it simple,u can just invite some friends plus her relatives and stuff.There is no right or wrong anyway.It still beats having a wedding dinner in spore at Fullerton Hotel.Cheaper definitely in thailand.

so who's the lucky girl?? :p

I agree fully with Bro JunIchI, The amount of money to be spent on wedding depends on the individual. Main thing is that you and your gal enjoy every single bit of it. Look at the typical Singaporean, they spend so much on wedding, finally in 2 years time, divorce.

I married my wife in Vietnam. It was a simple wedding. One thing is for sure, spend within your means, don't borrow to get married. :D

waijai
09-10-2005, 11:18 AM
be it in thailand or singapore, the cost is up to how much you are willing to spend. you future wufe and you (and likely family from both sides) will have to decide how grand the wedding is. for example the cost of holding it in intercontinental and maxx is vastly different.

a consideration is whether she is a bangkokian or from up country. this will determine where the wedding is held. there might be both as you may do one in her hometown and another in bangkok. there is also dowry to consider.

i have attended a few weddings in thailand and they are similar to how the singapore ones are hosted. only difference is that there will be a VVIP invited and he/she will give blessings to the couple.

hope the above info helps.

naemlo
09-10-2005, 01:01 PM
My idea of wedding dinner, book abt 3-4 tables. Invite close friends n relatives of hers in Thailands, get some close friends of mine from SG to go Thailand to attend.

Back in SG, same 3-4 tables n invite close friends n relatives..... Total will cost abt SGD 10K.

Just eat n gather, dun go thru all those crap. I was 'bro' twice to my 2 best buddies. Knn f tired, busy from day thru night, n have a prepare a lot of things before wedding dinner too.

JWNY
09-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Congrats bro......

think for a small banquet...THB$ 100K should be more than enough...

expect my invitation to Kon Kean in my PM soon..... :D

free
09-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Congrats bro......

think for a small banquet...THB$ 100K should be more than enough...

expect my invitation to Kon Kean in my PM soon..... :D Depends on which part of LOS. For us, 100k฿ means BIGGGGG Banquet. 555.

Anyway our total budget (excluse of ze ring) is about S$5k cos that is what we think we can accumulate when that time comes. Unless the gods decide to be kinder to us than they already have. And we are NOT having it in BKK anyway :) Heng ah.

free
09-10-2005, 05:14 PM
comment :rolleyes: bros?Bring your Photographer up better! At least u know your photo background will be unique. Unless u talking about studio shots. Sound like ur ger is a BKK ger? So traditional thai wedding attire or modern wedding gowns?

diesel
09-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Wedding budget 250K baht is reasonable. Wish you the '幸福美满,喜上添子'!

I have done some professional ROM shootings but not marriage actual day shooting. If you need my help, I will certainly lend you a hand (if you willing to consider my first try in wedding shooting).

Just take care of my transport, meals, accommodation & etc and auspicious 'ang-bao' for me after your wedding night will do. Other than that, photographic charge (like films, batteries & etc) have to take into your account. :)

Uncle Andrew
09-10-2005, 07:11 PM
please don't forget about the dowry besides the banquet. how many baht of gold you going to give? hahaha. :D

OceanEleven
10-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Heard that good wedding photos package cost in excess of 50k baht while cheap one are about 20k baht. Plus all other expenses..........So end of day is where and how one wanna spend his money. ;)

Uncle Andrew
10-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Heard that good wedding photos package cost in excess of 50k baht while cheap one are about 20k baht. Plus all other expenses..........So end of day is where and how one wanna spend his money. ;)

can come to Uncle Andrew's shop. maybe can help.

Yomun aka Vin
11-10-2005, 01:04 AM
please don't forget about the dowry besides the banquet. how many baht of gold you going to give? hahaha. :D

Dont forget to get some duty free Black Label too. They love Black Label. :)

Uncle Andrew
11-10-2005, 04:36 PM
last week gave all bros a 4D number to strike it big. this week the number is 9938. hope all bros huat and have money for wedding. :D

Jun|ch|
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
I agree fully with Bro JunIchI, The amount of money to be spent on wedding depends on the individual. Main thing is that you and your gal enjoy every single bit of it. Look at the typical Singaporean, they spend so much on wedding, finally in 2 years time, divorce.

I married my wife in Vietnam. It was a simple wedding. One thing is for sure, spend within your means, don't borrow to get married. :D

So if i go vietnam to "venture",u can show me vietnam meimeis okies??yah quite a trend in spore to borrow from parents to get married...hehee but stll quite okies unless u borrow from relatives and friends...so paisey..

Jun|ch|
11-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Anyway, jokes aside and now about your intended wedding. I think you are talking about having the dinner in BKK, as you're talking about 4 to 5 star hotel. Only Chiangmai and Hatyai also have whereas the other towns and cities, I think can get only 3 star.

Cheers
thaivisitor

U meant Bangkok do not have any 4 or 5 star hotels?? :rolleyes:

free
12-10-2005, 10:34 AM
First of all, everybody's GF is also decent lah... so no need to specifcally spell it out lah.. kekekekekeke

Secondly, everybody's GF whom they are going to marry also loves them very much lah... or else they won't think of marrying.

I have yet to see anybody come out and say "I have an indecent GF who don't love me but I'm going to marry her anyway"... kekekekekekekeke

Anyway, jokes aside and now about your intended wedding. I think you are talking about having the dinner in BKK, as you're talking about 4 to 5 star hotel. Only Chiangmai and Hatyai also have whereas the other towns and cities, I think can get only 3 star.
:
As for wedding pics, Singapore may give you better standard but don't forget, we don't have their traditional clothings and backgrounds so unless you want all your pictures to be "modern", then you cannot go for it here. Otherwise, you don't really have a choice.

Cheers
thaivisitorGood advice Bro TV, Guess I need it too. Going to "kor dteng ngaan" officially when I go Phayao again. Any special things (erh.. tricks ;) ) I need to be aware of?

For sure I want a thai traditional wedding - more meaningful to me. Guess I will not need to pay too much for the feast, unlike the BKKians right? Since it is good old Phayao. 555, maybe have it by the lake will be nice :cool:

GLHunter
15-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by thaivisitor

I think should be held in Roi-et, coz her family is there.. 3 stars only? hehe..
save $$$ liao... :p

Jun|ch|
15-10-2005, 08:56 PM
I think should be held in Roi-et, coz her family is there.. 3 stars only? hehe..
save $$$ liao... :p

Goodluck for the preparations for the wedding!!~ ;) keep us updated of the happenings..

redlord
15-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Goodluck for the preparations for the wedding!!~ ;) keep us updated of the happenings..

wow ,everywhere can see yr post huh? so free? when coming back ,i still waiting for coffee lah

Jun|ch|
15-10-2005, 09:07 PM
wow ,everywhere can see yr post huh? so free? when coming back ,i still waiting for coffee lah

hehe,I am tired,want to go home,but my home is so farrrrr away....and traffic is heavy at this time of the day...so slack at internet loh,also surfing thai websites too...hehee...u want coffee at where huh?? :D

Jun|ch|
15-10-2005, 09:08 PM

hey why did u type ur posts in the other threads every bit by bit huh??Very difficult to understand leh...hehee.. :D

Siong2
15-10-2005, 10:06 PM
comment :rolleyes: bros?
Normally their "sing sot", so call "ping jin" is 4,4 or 6,6 which means 4 merng TB and 4 baht Tong. (40K TB) and 4 Baht(their unit in gold) tong.
1 Baht of gold is about 5,000 Baht.
But this rate is for local. For foreigners the normal rate will be 10,10. Of cos if you can efford. That will be around 100k TB and 50K TB worth of gold which is about 7K sg ba. But my personal feeling is can talk de, 6,6 or 8,8 will be enough liao. Normally this should include the dinner liao.
If your gal is a village gal and from a poor family, mostly will have dinner in the village which cost bout 1500-2000 / table nia. If you wan 4/ 5 star hotel, they will stare and you and wait for you to say: "Dun worry, I will pay". :p

Jun|ch|
15-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Normally their "sing sot", so call "ping jin" is 4,4 or 6,6 which means 4 merng TB and 4 baht Tong. (40K TB) and 4 Baht(their unit in gold) tong.
But this rate is for local. For foreigners the normal rate will be 10,10. Of cos if you can efford. That will be around 100k TB and 50K TB worth of gold which is about 7K sg ba. But my personal feeling is can talk de, 6,6 or 8,8 will be enough liao. Normally this should include the dinner liao.
If your gal is a village gal and from a poor family, mostly will have dinner in the village which cost bout 1500-2000 / table nia. If you wan 4/ 5 star hotel, they will stare and you and wait for you to say: "Dun worry, I will pay". :p

And not forgetting the "+++ens of appreciation" from the relatives may possibly go into the in laws pockets. :cool:

redlord
15-10-2005, 10:35 PM
hey why did u type ur posts in the other threads every bit by bit huh??Very difficult to understand leh...hehee.. :D

that nite very drunk lah , just dont like the way s.c did, but him got his reason lah , WL hurt indeep over him ,i & him have the same outcome .....u guys hv post back for me thanks ...come back pm me lol ,coffee and discuss more ... i never go much to school lah ,but talking english is good ,speeling no so .... :o

Bangkok Master
15-10-2005, 10:49 PM
But this rate is for local. For foreigners the normal rate will be 10,10. Of cos if you can efford. That will be around 100k TB and 50K TB worth of gold which is about 7K sg ba.

Now "Neung Baht Tong" is almost 9k baht already so if u give 10baht of gold = 90k baht.............who got thai gold faster sell to make profit.................keke

Uncle Andrew
16-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Now "Neung Baht Tong" is almost 9k baht already so if u give 10baht of gold = 90k baht.............who got thai gold faster sell to make profit.................keke

'thai' or 'chinese' gold better?

Jun|ch|
16-10-2005, 08:12 PM
that nite very drunk lah , just dont like the way s.c did, but him got his reason lah , WL hurt indeep over him ,i & him have the same outcome .....u guys hv post back for me thanks ...come back pm me lol ,coffee and discuss more ... i never go much to school lah ,but talking english is good ,speeling no so .... :o

WLs never hurt him lah,he chose to back away knowing he is not "financially well off" to bring her off trade.I also never got to school much,go sch onli go xian meimeis,hehee...hopefully u talk to me hor,dun one piece one piece,if not can speak chinese also k... :D

Jun|ch|
16-10-2005, 08:15 PM

I baht of gold costs more than 5k baht i think. 1/2 baht gold already cost 4500baht already...and due to the risen oil prices,the thai gold went up to as high as 9k bht for 1 baht of gold. During normal times its ard 8300baht for 1 baht of gold. :cool:

Jun|ch|
16-10-2005, 08:18 PM
'thai' or 'chinese' gold better?

i think we are talking about thai gold here ...not the normal gold we have in spore... :)