PDA

View Full Version : Gay Loong's Uncle was murdered by the Japs during WW2

Sammyboy RSS Feed
12-04-2014, 10:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I never knew that. So, he and I have something in common as my grand uncle was also arrested and never seen again. I wonder which one of Gay Loong's uncle got killed. maybe from the mother's side? Of course his father was so close to the Japs even after he became PM. He song boh? Excerpt from interview with Financial Times below. How can this idiot respect a father that slept with the same Japs that killed his uncle? If it was Gecko's brother that was killed, she must be a real cold bitch to still stay married to a traitor and Jap sympathiser like her hubby.

Staying friendly with all the big powers is a smart strategy for Singapore, as long as peace prevails. But tensions have been rising in the region, particularly in a territorial dispute between China and Japan. Many western observers put the increase in tensions solely down to the rise of China. But Lee observes that Japan is also changing and that its government is asserting what it sees as “Japan’s nationalist rights”, particularly in its interpretation of history. “Questions have been raised over what is a definition of aggression so, therefore, since there’s no definition, did Japan commit aggression during the war?”

Singapore was occupied by Japan during the war, so I ask whether Singaporeans “generally think Japan did commit aggression”?

The prime minister’s tone suddenly becomes less dispassionate. He leans forward in his chair and raises his voice, sounding incredulous. “Yes, of course, they came to Singapore and they killed many tens of thousands of people, nearly including my father, which fortunately didn’t happen otherwise I wouldn’t be here!” He guffaws. “But my uncle was taken away – never came back.”

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?179327-Gay-Loong-s-Uncle-was-murdered-by-the-Japs-during-WW2&goto=newpost).