PDA

View Full Version : MH 370 - LHL send condolences to China and Malaysia, leaving out 12 other countries

Sammyboy RSS Feed
27-03-2014, 02:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

The people who perished in MH370 were nationals of 14 countries namely:- Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France , India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Ukraine and USA . However, PM LHL had sent his condolences to Malaysia and China only. What is the signal he is sending out by this? It has so many interpretations. In my view it is a diplomatic blunder. He should have sent such messages either to all the countries involved or to Malaysia only because the latter’s national carrier was responsible for the disaster.

In his facebook LHL made a general statement “My deepest sympathies and condolences to the families and friends of those on board…” which I believe was meant to cover the nationalities of the other 12 countries. It doesn’t sincere, does it?

If this is an oversight on LHL’s part, I hope he quickly rectifies it by sending condolences to the 12 countries he left out.

This is what LHL wrote in his fb:

Lee Hsien Loong March 24
Deeply saddened to hear about the tragic fate of MH370. For more than two weeks, we have been hoping against hope that somehow the worst did not happen. We know how anguished and desperate the families and friends of those on board felt.

While we are still far from understanding what happened, I hope this latest news will nonetheless give some certainty and closure. My deepest sympathies and condolences to the families and friends of those on board, and to the governments of Malaysia and China. – LHL

This is a Channelnewsasia report on LHL’s condolence message: (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...0/1048812.html (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/pm-lee-hopes-new-mh370/1048812.html))

THE HAGUE: Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has written to his Malaysian counterpart Najib Razak, following latest developments on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
While Mr Lee recognised the difficult situation, he hoped the new information would provide more certainty and some closure to families and relatives of those on board.
Speaking to reporters after attending the Nuclear Security Summit in The Hague, Mr Lee said he also sent condolences to Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin, and Chinese President Xi Jinping, both of whom he met at the meeting.
On Monday, Mr Najib announced that the ill-fated aircraft ended its journey in the southern Indian Ocean.
He cited new and unprecedented satellite data.
Prime Minister Lee understood that some relatives were still not satisfied, because of the lack of physical evidence.
And so, he hoped that this would be found soon.
"We just have inferences from the information, from the satellite communications, from the calculations which have been done, and I hope it will be possible to find that physical evidence, and have that certainty, and absolute confidence, and closure within a reasonable time.
“It's something very difficult to do because you are searching a very remote area, in very extreme conditions, at a very wide area now where the debris is potentially scattered, and to find it, and to confirm it is not a simple matter at all. So, we hope it will be possible. I think the countries are all trying their best,” said Mr Lee.
- CNA/nd

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?178069-MH-370-LHL-send-condolences-to-China-and-Malaysia-leaving-out-12-other-countries&goto=newpost).