PDA

View Full Version : Majid Ariff 76 yrs old. S'pore pioneer football legend. How to honour him before.....

Sammyboy RSS Feed
22-03-2014, 08:00 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

he pass on into the great football field in the sky?

With help from a friend, he had co written an autobiography of his life and life long passion for the great game. I was told one of his protégés Leong Kok Fang had paid a 5 figure amount for copies.

He is a very old man now. And with the passing of his beloved wife about a year ago, a very sad and lonely one too. He had retired from his airport job for about a year.

We had many an argument over his optimism for S'pore's football future every time some MIW came out with promising predictions and game plan to bring us to top tier international football achievement. This is one patriotic (albeit foolish) pioneer Singaporean!

And it got me started thinking. Will he be invited to the opening of the National Stadium as an honoured guest? How many Majid Ariffs do we have to honour in our short national history?

For those who would like to purchase a copy of Encik Ariff's book, you may try the Football Association of Singapore. Just call the Chairman personally. He is a busy man but I'm sure he'll be more than happy to play a part in honouring one of our pioneering greats.;)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?177660-Majid-Ariff-76-yrs-old-S-pore-pioneer-football-legend-How-to-honour-him-before&goto=newpost).