PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

Sammyboy RSS Feed
22-03-2014, 08:00 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

any of you guys ever experience breathlessness or get hives after drinking wine?.......This would probably be due to the sulphur dioxide that is added to the wine. Its purpose is to control fermentation and to stabilise the wine at bottling. However some people are allergic to sulphites, including me.

This morning i was eating some white seedless grapes someone brought from new zealand and i felt slightly breathless and started to get hives....so i took a look at the plastic bag in which the grapes came in.

Right below where it said ''Sweet White Seedless '' was an Allergy Advice stating '' grapes may have been in contact with sulphur dioxide''

So be careful when you go for grapes especially if you already know that you are allergic to sulphites.....the allergic reactions can turn out to be bad.....even fatal in some cases.

I did take a picture of the plastic bag but i dont know how to post it here....sorry guys.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?177661-Allergies&goto=newpost).