PDA

View Full Version : Are men genetically programmed to sow their seeds?

nuclearkid
13-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Good day everyone,

In a space of about a month, two friends of mine who have been in long-term relationships had their boyfriends cheating on them. One of them tried his luck to limit the damage with the cliche that men are predisposed to sow their seeds with multiple partners. That got me thinking. While the prevalence of infidelity is quite self-evident wherever we may scrutinize, the question is: How many of you boyfriends/spouses out there GENUINELY feel that that argument is justified if confronted by the misdeed. I use the word ‘misdeed’ as adultery is not acceptable in Singapore’s matrimonial laws, which is a strong basis for divorce and of course alimony, which is a powerful poverty-inducing agent.

I would like to stress that my intention is to approach this question from an AMORAL perspective so let’s not be judgemental here. Do share your views about this but please do not limit your participation based on real experiences. Your thoughts, please! :D

jon2000sg
13-09-2005, 10:18 AM
guess it's always said men are lecherous and the womaniser,
so what is it that cause this characteristic?
Nature by instinct or character by instinct?
Men are the aggressor of the human species, the stronger breed,
so the need to sow its seed is inborn in the blood.

in the animal kingdom, you can have a lion with a few lioness
and a tiger with a few tigeress.

so by nature men can have more than one wife but the moral
and ethnical civilisation throughout the years have changed things
and all accept only monolgamy in the society.

by controlling and holding back the nature instinct,
that's why adultery happens and where the comm.sex industry
is a million dollar industry.

you can't have only dish all your life ?

Castrol
13-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Good day everyone,

In a space of about a month, two friends of mine who have been in long-term relationships had their boyfriends cheating on them.

but who can actually say women dont "cheat" as much as men? i'm not saying women are smarter but maybe they hide their tracks better... :D

nuclearkid
13-09-2005, 01:26 PM
but who can actually say women dont "cheat" as much as men? i'm not saying women are smarter but maybe they hide their tracks better... :D

Of course there is a possibility. *LOL* But they can't use that line leh...

whitegals
13-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't put it in that way.

I'd say it is my way of expressing my gratitude to God for giving me life and it is thus my mission in life to go forth and give pleasure to his daughters. :D

Vectra
13-09-2005, 01:41 PM

Vectra
13-09-2005, 01:44 PM
You cannot juz use lion or tiger to compare to man’s behavior. If you have watched Discovery Channel on different specifies, birds are the type that practice monogamy rather than polygamy. One parent has to look for food while the other look after the young.

The animal that lived in a pack will have the strongest one having the option to procreate more often. Maybe that’s why the more successful guy has more female partners. An interesting one is sea lion. The bigger tend to swim faster to shore and occupy the territory, the female came in later and he has the chance to mate them all! The young and smaller ones will on and off run into the territory to have a quick one with one of the female(affair)…kekeke :D

Power
13-09-2005, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=Vectra]You cannot juz use lion or tiger to compare to man’s behavior. If you have watched Discovery Channel on different specifies, birds are the type that practice monogamy rather than polygamy. One parent has to look for food while the other look after the young.

I like the way you quote. True. Some animals r true to each other till the partner dies (normally "bird" species), but as for the land animals majority of the time, is 1 male to many females. :D

jon2000sg
13-09-2005, 01:59 PM
in the animal kingdom, the fitness mate the most !

Vectra
13-09-2005, 02:07 PM
I like the way you quote. True. Some animals r true to each other till the partner dies (normally "bird" species), but as for the land animals majority of the time, is 1 male to many females. :D

Reading the initial postings, it seems that many have stereotype man as one kind which is polygamy. I just wanted to point out there are also many more kinds. Can't just say lion = man rite?

As for lion, the cruel fact was if he dominated a territory where the lioness had just gave birth. He will kill off the young cubs so that the lioness will be willing to reproduce his offspring, and not to feed the current young cubs.

Castrol
13-09-2005, 04:42 PM

haha... well, men may sometimes admit to infidelity... it is not a correct thing to do in my books at least, becos i think it doesnt help at all to admit or come clean. anyway the worst consequence is a breakoff or divorce...

but for women, they can admit too but, if the guy becomes a nutcase, goes crazy, what will happen? violence, vengeance etc... so the women got to be much more careful than men.

so... how often do we hear women admitting to infidelity? ;)

Lowell
13-09-2005, 04:48 PM
haha, in my mind, the creator of this thread wanted to say "Do all guys like to fuck around" but was too polite to do so.

But its true. The human psyche is geared towards procreation. So all of us (including myself) have the genetic disposition to have many "mates"

It is precisely because we are civilised, and adhere to civilised behaviour, which dictates that "thou shalt not fuck another who is not thy wife" or "if thou hast a girlfriend, thou shalt try to refrain from two-timing"

But just one observation brothers. It is when we are sober that we maintain these social norms......but when we're drunk, our civilised facade breaks down and we are driven to flirt, to seek out a "mate", in short, to fuck.

jackylee
13-09-2005, 05:47 PM
guess it's always said men are lecherous and the womaniser,
so what is it that cause this characteristic?
Nature by instinct or character by instinct?
Men are the aggressor of the human species, the stronger breed,
so the need to sow its seed is inborn in the blood.

in the animal kingdom, you can have a lion with a few lioness
and a tiger with a few tigeress.

so by nature men can have more than one wife but the moral
and ethnical civilisation throughout the years have changed things
and all accept only monolgamy in the society.

by controlling and holding back the nature instinct,
that's why adultery happens and where the comm.sex industry
is a million dollar industry.

you can't have only dish all your life ?

Well said!

jackylee
13-09-2005, 05:50 PM
You cannot juz use lion or tiger to compare to man’s behavior. If you have watched Discovery Channel on different specifies, birds are the type that practice monogamy rather than polygamy. One parent has to look for food while the other look after the young.

Yes. i agree wif u partially. but then, how do you determin whether human is like lion or like bird? in this world.. some animals practice 1 male many females.. while some 1 male 1 female. how do u noe humans are 1 to 1 den?

euks
13-09-2005, 08:34 PM
All living things are genetially programmed to procreate. Through evolution, living things adapt and adjust to the best way of maximizing their population.

The lions have their ways, the ants have their ways, and we humans, used to have many different ways due to our diversified culture and way of living.

In the past, in some african tribes, only the fat womans are allowed to have sex. They can have as many husbands as they want. The skinny ones are slaves.

To ensure that power stays within the royal family, egyptians are allowed to marry their own cousins or even siblings (not sure if they can marry their own son/daughters though)

Despite popular beliefs, Ancient chinese can only have more than one wife under some conditions. I dunno all the condition so i just list a few.
The 1st wife can't bear him a son after dunno how long or a woman of higher or equivalent status has bestowed a woman to him.
A man can have as many concubine as he want without the approval of others but can only grant status to the a woman when the conditions are met.
A concubine can also be upgraded to wife if he bear the man a son etc etc etc etc etc

There are many other examples of course.

Anyway, my point is, to return to point 0, there is no right or wrong or good or bad. Moral values are ideas created by humans to justify their way of living and to create a more balanced way of living across the population.
Like all of us need a home to have a safer and more stable life, social standards are like invisible buildings, guiding human behaviours to bring more stability across the population.

In our present world, where humans have reach the stage that there isn't a need to maximize population, we are all now trying to maximize happiness

To put all these shit in simple terms, the given correct way of living by the society and the popular moral values that we all know are just human bullshit.

It is justifiable if you think it is justifiable. It is bullshit if you think it is bullshit.

yohooo
13-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes. i agree wif u partially. but then, how do you determin whether human is like lion or like bird? in this world.. some animals practice 1 male many females.. while some 1 male 1 female. how do u noe humans are 1 to 1 den?

well, cannot say that... u know that, even those animals practising monogamy, they've 'evolved'(or rather adapted) to behave that way... in fact animals are polygamy typed but due to their survival, they adapted to whatever that can help them survive... shocked? and we should just refer to mammals, leaving out ants, birds...etc the function of the bodies are already different, refer to mammals for better judgements...

following from almost pre-historic time to now, humans have changed... from reproduction and survival of humans, to now, sex for leisure... long ago, when humans still do not possess the 'high-end intelligence' that we possess now, they are 'governed' by their beast instinct, that's to mate to reproduce... and of course more mates means more offspring... however we know that females can only bore 1 offspring(actually twins or more the egg is slightly genetically defected' at a time from 1 male, so of course the strongest male will 'dominate'...

threadstarter ask if males are genetically programmed to sow seeds around, i would say i agree to a very large extent... when pre-humans evolve to look more 'humanly' they have already evolved to behave that way, like animals(more exact, mammals as we belong to mammal class)... of course now the main reason why we go around bonking is cos we like the leisure when we bonk... but overall why we dont mind, is cos we are also genetically programmed... to go around bonking... imagine this, we got the thoughts and inside genes we also wants it...
this is not an excuse for husbands to come out bonking hor, but we have that in us...
just that like 1 bro say, when our mind is sober, we think and stopped ourself from bonking around... but when our mind is not sober enough, our genes 'take over' and we cant resist the temptations...

hmmm hope it's clear... read alot of these from researches... but why most of the times we end up with just 1 partner? it's cos of our sober mind and of course... our LOVE for our partner... but however does that stop u from bio'ing other char bo? we may not do anything, but still... it's in us... :D

nuclearkid
14-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the responses so far. It's really a case of ‘you’ll never know what you’ll pull up when you cast your net wide’! :D

My original intention was really to query the acceptability of the excuse ‘men are programmed to sow their wild oats’? As a bystander to a couple’s problems, do you feel that the boyfriend’s reasoning is justifiable? Is it being fair to the lady in question? Personally, I don’t think it's fair to the girl, unless she is allowed to follow the same act.

We may have originally argued that men started off monogamous but have ‘evolved’ (or devolved, depending on how you look at it) to be covertly (maybe except Muslims. Let me clarify that this remark is made from the understanding that Islam condones marriage to more than 1 woman) polygamous. The operative word is ‘evolve’. Women are already evolving (in this context), I believe, to embrace their sexuality and needs. With males setting a precedence in this aspect, are we prepared to live by the same standards?

singexpat
14-09-2005, 10:18 AM

Bro, juz some tots..

If a man screws around to "sow their seeds", can women screw around to find e "best seeds"??

sounds ridiculous but reali pop up on my mind..

Castrol
14-09-2005, 10:34 AM
To put all these shit in simple terms, the given correct way of living by the society and the popular moral values that we all know are just human bullshit.

It is justifiable if you think it is justifiable. It is bullshit if you think it is bullshit.

bro, i really enjoyed reading your post. good one.

Bro, juz some tots..

If a man screws around to "sow their seeds", can women screw around to find e "best seeds"??

the answer is yes bro. women are constantly screwing around to find the "best seeds" to do facial. :D

Vectra
14-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Human race have evolved and changed genetically after 2000 generations. Walking on 4 legs, born with a tail, hairy body. Now 2 legs, no tail and hairs diminished. One thing that make human distinct was that he is able to use his brain better, to overcome obstacles in his life. From building high rise homes, flying from place to place, and even go outer space. He also tries to find ideas from other species on how they lived, eat, and their environment etc.

As to the qtn “genetically programmed to procreate”, of course it’s yes. If not it will be extinct long ago. The qtn then went to “Ways of procreate”, which begin to have 2 ways : polygamy and monogamy. Both are not wrong, but in this little dot it is legally wrong to do so. The govt want the parents to be responsible to raise their young, and provide them with education and homes. Polygamy will be hard to achieve that.

But of course if one have all the abilities, he definitely can do so. Why? B’coz he has the brain! ;)

Juz 2 cents worth

oahpekahsom
14-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Bro, juz some tots..

sounds ridiculous but reali pop up on my mind..

Good question... i asked my bro the same question when he was fooling around with his old flames during his honeymoon year. "If you play, would you allow your wife to play?" No prize for guessing his answers.

Karma lah, if you play with fire prepare to get burnt.

oahpekahsom
14-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Anyway, my point is, to return to point 0, there is no right or wrong or good or bad. Moral values are ideas created by humans to justify their way of living and to create a more balanced way of living across the population.

Clap clap, good point. There was this documentary about a minor tribe in China where the wife rules and the men lives on the woman. This is their society and their moral value standard. Strange but true.

Sometimes moral values have a legal implication, like the Singapore Law clearly sides the woman. Check out posting on this forum about legal rights of a divorced woman.

Can any lawyer comment if not married can your girlfriend sue you for shared pocessions?

itsabt6x
14-09-2005, 04:37 PM
.......it is my way of expressing my gratitude to God for giving me life and it is thus my mission in life to go forth and give pleasure to his daughters. :D

woah! u'd surely taken the words out of my mouth....precisely!!!

euks
16-09-2005, 10:44 PM
no, the guy reasoning is not justifiable.
yes, both female and male are programn to procreate.
but the man entered the relationship with the girl knowing that this is a commited monogamy relationship.

his reasoning are obviously desperate excuses.
He believes in polygamy, but he pretended to be practicing mongamy and when his antics are discovered, he reveal his true colours.

hmm, there are certain kind of predator that pretends to be a leaf or something to hunt for prey.

He can carry only thinking his excuses is justifiably. Every predator is someone else prey.

When his future predator tells him that she is genetically programed to spend all his money and dump him for a better man, lets see if he can accept it

Hi guys, thanks for the responses so far. It's really a case of ‘you’ll never know what you’ll pull up when you cast your net wide’! :D

My original intention was really to query the acceptability of the excuse ‘men are programmed to sow their wild oats’? As a bystander to a couple’s problems, do you feel that the boyfriend’s reasoning is justifiable? Is it being fair to the lady in question? Personally, I don’t think it's fair to the girl, unless she is allowed to follow the same act.

We may have originally argued that men started off monogamous but have ‘evolved’ (or devolved, depending on how you look at it) to be covertly (maybe except Muslims. Let me clarify that this remark is made from the understanding that Islam condones marriage to more than 1 woman) polygamous. The operative word is ‘evolve’. Women are already evolving (in this context), I believe, to embrace their sexuality and needs. With males setting a precedence in this aspect, are we prepared to live by the same standards?