PDA

View Full Version : SG Has Only $650 Left in Savings Account & All Kena Skimmed by FTrash!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
17-02-2014, 12:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

MY UOB CARD WAS SKIMMED AND UOB EXPECTS ME TO SURVIVE 2 WEEK WITH NO MONEY!

.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}Post date:
16 Feb 2014 - 7:29pm

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/uobcardskim.png?itok=FujfL7IL (http://therealsingapore.com/sites/default/files/field/image/uobcardskim.png)

Dear TRS,
I'm one of the affected party of a debit card fraud but the merchant is from China and mine is UOB debit card.
On 09 Feb 2014, I was heading to ATM machine to withdraw some cash to buy food and groceries.
I was shocked when the ATM replied with "insufficient" funds.
I called up my bank immediately to check where are my savings.
After checking, the bank told me that "ZHI FU BAO ZHONGGUO" merchant from CHINA charged my debit card.
The first transaction was SGD $220.30 - 08 FEB 2014 @ 1424 HRS ( amount posted on 11 FEB 2014 )
The second transaction was SGD $215.65 - 08 FEB 2014 @ 1430 HRS
The third transaction was SGD $215.65 - 08 FEB 2014 @ 1434 HRS
Total of SGD $651.60 was missing from my savings account which was link to my debit card account.
I told them I did not make any online purchase and there wasn't any pin code verification was sent to my mobile phone.
My bank advise me that they need to do necessary investigation before refunding me back the money and will take about 2 weeks - 45 days.
I explained to them that this is my hard earned savings which I need to depend on till my month end pay and I have a family to feed.
They told me that they will expedite my case and will update will update me the soonest within a week once the amount is posted.
I have been following up with my bank promptly since 9th FEB 2014 and a case manager was assigned by the bank.
I told the manager that I have no money for my daily expense and I am stuck with my transportation and meal expenses and to feed my family.
He said that he will try his level best but however the bank needs the amount to be posted for them to refund back to me immediately.
On Wednesday, ( 12.FEB.2014) I called the bank and the manager returned back my call and I ask him about the status, he told me that the bank is monitoring my account. I told him that I can't wait for the bank as I need my money immediately and it's not my fault at all. I told him that by Friday, (14.02.2014) I need my money to be refunded. The manager said he will try his level best.
On Friday, I called the bank on 14.02.2014 to check the status, the manager returned back my call and gave me a negative answer.
The manager told me that UOB unable to refund me the money because the amount is still "floating" and yet to be posted and they can't do "anything"
I told the manager that there is a lapse in UOB system and me as a customer is affected terribly and they never give me a solution to solve my issues !
I'm seriously stressed and depressed by this situation !
As you can see, all the calls was made by me to them. They NEVER call me to update the status until I have to call them and hasten each and everytime.
Where is their customer service gone to ? They failed to provide me regular follow ups.
The bank made their problem to be my problem ! There is a lapse in their system ! Can they bring back the customers confidence ? I'm trusting your bank and keeping my money there and as a bank you failed your mission statement ! X-Ref to UOB mission statement " Our mission to be a premier Bank in the Asia-Pacific region, committed to providing QUALITY PRODUCTS and EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE".
Till today, I'm still waiting for my funds to be refunded. I hope this does not happen to anyone.
I really hope everyone stay safe with their accounts.

Temporarily Broke
TRS Contributor

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?175128-SG-Has-Only-650-Left-in-Savings-Account-amp-All-Kena-Skimmed-by-FTrash!&goto=newpost).