PDA

View Full Version : 88 Down Under KTV @ Duxton Hill

Blond Boy
16-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Yesterday I saw a group of 5 really cute young girls walk into the 88 Down Under pub at Duxton Hill. One of them looked Indo/Malay, really my type, nice summer dress etc. I have done my reading on this forum and know that these pubs can differ very much in terms of services they provide etc. Most want tou to spend $$$ on girls drinks I understand. I simply did not feel comfortable walking in there on my own to find out so I wonder if any bro's know how this pub is regarded and how one goes about "picking up" a girl from there (if a bro wants to join me for a beer there even better, please PM me). My aim would be to meet with the girl at my place or a hotel. if possible.

Any tips highly appreciated...

BB

DehOne
16-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Brother, I have not been to the Duxton Road area for years. I only passed by there again last week and I was quite astonished at the changes. When I used to hang out there (as I worked around the corner on Neil Road) it was basically just a series of karaoke pubs, one after another. There were only two or three pubs where you could enjoy a quiet beer without any lousy singing - Cable Car (now Back Bar), JJ Mahony's and the Flag and Whistle (closed about 5 years). I therefore was shocked to see that the whole area had turned into "Mini Manila". There were so many Filipinas hanging around outside the bars trying to entice me in. (A pity that none of them were particularly attractive to me...)

I believe the pub you mentioned may have mostly Malay gals and I would advise you to proceed with caution. They will inevitably have Malay boyfriends who are VERY possesive and no gal, however beautiful, is worth getting knifed over.

If none of the Samsters here contact you about pubbing together, I would advise that you use the following "etiquette" if you decide to visit there alone:

1. Don't go into any of the bars with great expectations about been instantly laid - I very much doubt that it will happen. The most you will get is a bit of 'raba-raba'... at first.

2. Be prepared to shell out quite a bit for LDs. (Check and double check the price of each drink you buy for the girls.)

3. Be polite and smile but be prepared to 'harden your heart' and only buy drinks for the gal you like.

4. VIP - buy the owner (preferably) or bartender (next best thing) a drink and make friends with them. This will come in handy if, in the unlikely event, anything unpleasant does occur. People look after their freinds.

5. Be prepared for quite a lot of repeated visits. (The pub owner will be delighted to see you.) Chances are the gals will change quite frequently as their visas expire.

6. Accept that in most cases, that you will not be able to 'hit and run'. Most of these gals will be far more worldly-wise than you and will try to milk you. BE PATIENT!

7. If you do become close to a particular girl, she will become VERY possesive and any drinks you buy for other girls in the pub may cause some catfights. (Which can be entertaining enough if you like that kind of thing...)

8. If, after repeated visits, the target of your lust is not responding, move on to greener pastures in some other pub.

9. If you are successful, be prepared for the fact the gal is gonna CLING HARD to you. She will want to be your GIRLFRIEND and not a one night stand. Things WILL get complicated.

10. The simplest way to get you rocks off is to just buy a 20 minute session in Geylang or Petain. It will also be a LOT cheaper. But the fun is sometimes in the chase, is it not? :D

The above 'tips' come from my experience of solitary drinking around Paramount Shopping Centre. (Another place you might want to explore.)

Good luck!

waypastprime
16-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Wow... The guru has spoken. :D :p

S3vw
16-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Wow... The guru has spoken. :D
yes indeed........
dun play play..... :D

smiler
16-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Ermmmm..............but can bonk bonk or not? :D