PDA

View Full Version : What's Your New Year Resolution

Sammyboy RSS Feed
26-12-2013, 11:00 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

As the end of 2013 nears, have you thought of what you wish to achieve in the year 2014?

My resolution for 2014 is to do as what Jesus says in the parable of the barren fig tree. This has nothing to do with religion but more the moral of the story. I quote:

"He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

— Luke 13:6–9, King James Version"

What it means to me is that we should be the kind of tree that bears good fruit as no one wants or cares for you if you are useless to them. A tree that bears no fruits or bad fruits are those that people wish not to know or have anything to do with them, i.e. we are of no use to them.

You can be a nice and kind person, but if you do not possess or be able give something of value to others, then you are of no relevance to them, hence you are useless. My New Year Resolution is to be that somebody who is of relevance to the people I know or will come to know in future.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?171306-What-s-Your-New-Year-Resolution&goto=newpost).