PDA

View Full Version : cheap, good and near the road foods - leetahsar

Sammyboy RSS Feed
24-11-2013, 02:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

as requested, i m restarting this foodie thread and hopefully there wouldn't be another jealous screwball that would cum DELETE the entire effort like the last time when i did one specially for chinatown foods.

this would be the foodie thread for all the places li'l brother LTS brought me to eat.

let's start from the nearest one from his queenstown hideout - MEI LING FOOD CENTRE CUM MARKET

many who had met LTS in the past would remember having their first encounter with this goon at mei ling hc. it's an airy spacious place with widely spaced out tables. however, after the useless upgrading, many things have changed. the prices of ALL the foods have increased. not only that, many oldie stalls had actually called it day. other like the notoriously famous hay mee or prawn noodle uncle, well, most of u have read about his sad story with even sadder ending.

this haymee uncle was doing a roaring business with frequent long queue at this stall for his really honest to goodness noodle which only sold for $2. the ingredients he gave was generous. there were 2 whole prawns, prawn slices, fishcake, pork, liver and kangkong. the soup was superb! it was boiled for hours with pig bones, prawn shells and no msg (i think cos after drinking i didn't feel the tightness at my throat).

then the uncle got noti and horny and mixed up with a PRC mei mei and his fortune went all the way downhill. his aggrieved decided to divorce him and henceforth no one efficient enough to help to run his biz. later he was inflicted with some terminal sickness and finally died cock standing. that marked the end of the mei ling legendary hay mee :(

sad.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?168968-cheap-good-and-near-the-road-foods-leetahsar&goto=newpost).