PDA

View Full Version : Noisy inconsiderate, no-speaka-Engrish neighbours ; Guess the Race

Sammyboy RSS Feed
17-11-2013, 12:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Noisy slit-eyed Chinks in Australia

Long story short I live in an apartment building with only 6-8 apartments. People above me are VERY loud some nights, screaming in Chinese from 6pm – 3am (now), young etc .. I don't believe they speak english, I asked one girl a question about the rubbish and her reply was "Uhh.. hehe.. sorry I no speak eng" ..... I have no idea how she 'doesn't know english' but meh..

So what would you do? If they start disturbing my sleep I'll just straight up go tell them to shut up but this can only be said so many times (If they pretend to understand me or not) ..so what would you do? Can't they be fined for 'disturbing the peace' or something so often if I complain?

User #291017 4928 posts

plainfaced

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchYro

posted 2010-May-26, 4:02 am

Complain to your body corp/strata/real estate agent..

You could call the cops each time.. But from experience they dont do anything.

User #346613 28 posts

l8rm8e

Forum Regular

reference: whrl.pl/RchYrZ

posted 2010-May-26, 4:25 am

Move to a single floored abode ... preferably a house with ACTUAL walls.

If you cannot cope with the close-knit environment offered by apartment living ... welcome to the 80%!

I have no idea why people "aspire" to be walled into a grid-system of noisy meat-sacks.

Seems awfully depressing ... like living on a park bench in a train station.

User #291017 4928 posts

plainfaced

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchYtX

posted 2010-May-26, 5:08 am

l8rm8e writes...

I have no idea why people "aspire" to be walled into a grid-system of noisy meat-sacks.
Close to the city, more money to be earned, lifestyle, affordability..

User #141315 5007 posts

User 141315

In the penalty box

reference: whrl.pl/RchYvd

posted 2010-May-26, 5:23 am

O.P.

If I could afford to rent/buy a house I would but while I'm 21, studying and working as much as I can this will have to do – either way doesn't help my issue with noise control.

User #145881 3771 posts

CBR500RA

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchYEI

posted 2010-May-26, 9:16 am

Pretty sure this is the most repetative topic.

User #86166 7846 posts

monkeyallen

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchYHY

posted 2010-May-26, 9:40 am

You call the police every time they open their loud ignorant mouths, that's what you do. Chinese people, by in large, have absolutely no comprehension of how loud they speak. Come to Hong Kong and listen to these people talk. They BELLOW at each other. Good luck with that old mate.

User #206931 533 posts

TheLoback

Whirlpool Enthusiast

reference: whrl.pl/RchYIo

posted 2010-May-26, 9:44 am

Leave them a note on the door asking them "Please don't make noise." They will understand the basic english. If they still continue, just call the cops.

Ask other neighbours if they feel the same way, and write a formal letter to Strata if you've had enough.

My neighbour is getting on my nerves with stealing my car space.....don't blame me if your car has no wheels in the morning!! =P

User #43725 8192 posts

cutcopypaste

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchYKW

posted 2010-May-26, 10:00 am

DaveMark writes...

police may not believe you in a "He said/she said" type of situation, you could be the enemy for all the police are concerned.

Thats true, but if the noise is genuine then the cops should hear it when approaching the premises.

Its also illegal for someone to make a false complaint.

User #86166 7846 posts

monkeyallen

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchY0e

posted 2010-May-26, 11:01 am

Record them

reference: whrl.pl/RchZb4

posted 2010-May-26, 11:41 am

Rock up at 3am in your jocks with a baseball bat, say I SPEAKA ENGLISH! your recognise this????

User #130055 3793 posts

Lunchtime

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchZgF

posted 2010-May-26, 11:59 am

cops will respond if you think you hear sounds of arguing and violence

User #332361 4436 posts

There is Always Hope

In the penalty box

reference: whrl.pl/RchZjn

posted 2010-May-26, 12:08 pm

edited 2010-May-26, 12:15 pm

– vBOMB – writes...

People above me are VERY loud some nights, screaming in Chinese from 6pm – 3am

NEVER TOLERATE THAT!! YOU DON'T NEED TO!!! I speak from personal experience, had same thing happen to me. Suffice to say they are no longer loud!!! I will not tolerate disrespectful neigbours, neither should you! stand up for your rights to have a peaceful environment! Don't be scared!

So what would you do?

1. Ask them to keep it down.

2. If it continues, ask them second time.

3. If it continues, write a formal letter, translate it to Chinese using Babelfish, and put it under their door!

4. Ring Strata and ask Strata to send them a warning letter that they are breaching their lease agreement by disturbing the neigbours.

5. It if continues, call the police to come out and talk to them, get an "event number" and then cal Strata again with the police report event number.

6. For further information in handling this, read this:

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/no...rhoodnoise.htm (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/noise/neighbourhoodnoise.htm)

I would like to add something... excessive noise laws cover you 24 hours per day. If they are noisy and bothering before 10pm at night, you can still call the police. I know this from personal experience and from what the police told me when I had to call them.

User #332361 4436 posts

There is Always Hope

In the penalty box

reference: whrl.pl/RchZjG

posted 2010-May-26, 12:09 pm

plainfaced writes...

You could call the cops each time.. But from experience they dont do anything.

Incorrect!!! Follow my advice I wrote above, it works!!! Has worked for me personally to stop noisy neighbours.

User #100053 460 posts

BarneyRubble

Forum Regular

reference: whrl.pl/RchZm3

posted 2010-May-26, 12:20 pm

– vBOMB – writes...

So what would you do? If they start disturbing my sleep I'll just straight up go tell them to shut up but this can only be said so many times (If they pretend to understand me or not) ..so what would you do? Can't they be fined for 'disturbing the peace' or something so often if I complain?

Someone mentioned complaint to Body Corporate. I agree. This is the place to start.

I see from your profile you live in Sydney. Call the council, they have the power to fine them.

User #304140 2668 posts

Darkside Of The Moon

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchZol

posted 2010-May-26, 12:25 pm

– vBOMB – writes...

screaming in Chinese from 6pm – 3am

That's called Karaoke. LOL

User #304140 2668 posts

Darkside Of The Moon

Whirlpool Forums Addict

reference: whrl.pl/RchZo0

posted 2010-May-26, 12:26 pm

Itch¥ writes...

Rock up at 3am in your jocks with a baseball bat, say I SPEAKA ENGLISH! your recognise this????

Ha Ha, I understand, I understand.... LOL

posted 2010-May-26, 12:39 pm

Try and get a hold of the dodgy milk from China and leave it by their door.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?168475-Noisy-inconsiderate-no-speaka-Engrish-neighbours-Guess-the-Race&goto=newpost).