PDA

View Full Version : I'm envious of my friends because they don't have a cheapskate BF like mine

Sammyboy RSS Feed
09-11-2013, 03:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Today's confession is from an NUS student whose boyfriend is perfect - except that he is too frugal for her liking.

Here is the confession in full:

"I have been together with my boyfriend for slightly under a year. Everything about him fits my criteria for a partner- tall and well-built, intelligent, caring and probably one of the sweetest guys around. Yet, there is one trait of him that has been perturbing me for the longest time. It is that of his frugality. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not one of those gold-digger girls who is looking for a rich husband. Case in point, if I were, my boyfriend would have been struck off the list long ago.

"I understand that love cannot be measured by money, but yet it seems that if money is perpetually a concern to my boyfriend when he spends on me, it just seems to me that I am perhaps of less value than a few wads of cash. Moreover, I am far from unreasonable in making him spend more than he can manage.

"My recent birthday celebration just made me really sad. He brought me to Sushi Tei and a gave me a sweet handmade card. Perhaps to some of you this may still be acceptable I'm not sure, but to me this was a complete disappointment. For a birthday celebration, Sushi Tei seriously? This would be the kind of restaurant I would casually meet up with friends at, and not some place I would patronise for a special occasion. A card and no present? Yes, a card is sweet, but another way of looking at it is: cheap.

"I get very envious when I see my friend's boyfriends bringing them to classy romantic dining establishments and gifting them with expensive presents on their birthdays. And this is when their boyfriends are still studying and just living on the pay from their part-time jobs. If they can afford to do so, why not my boyfriend? To make things clear, I myself am very generous to my boyfriend in gifting him with presents. I am not trying in any way to cheat his money.

"I know my boyfriend loves me but I sometimes can't help but think if his thrifty habits (read: stingy habits) is something I can live with for life. At the same time, this is a relationship I won't bear to give up. Perhaps in life, it is inevitable that you win some and lose some."

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?167972-I-m-envious-of-my-friends-because-they-don-t-have-a-cheapskate-BF-like-mine&goto=newpost).