PDA

View Full Version : Improve your Chinese – Dayima = Pre Menstrual Syndrome = New App

Sammyboy RSS Feed
07-11-2013, 03:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

This is a worldwide problem affecting ALL men
So need not be in the International folder
As Sinkie men also need help on this front

Who says Chinese men are not considerate
So thoughtful that even designed an App
To help ease pain of being born female
Good luck thou unfortunate males
For thy safety please keep a calendar

App that helps women chart menstrual cycles has 65 million downloads

Few male mainlanders outside the medical profession know as much about women's menstrual cycles as Chai Ke.

The 28-year-old developed the health app Dayima - Putonghua slang for a woman's period - which has been downloaded 65 million times since it was created last year and has more than 21 million registered users.

Women use it to record their periods and get reminders of whether they are on time and what their chances of getting pregnant are on a particular day. Other basic health indicators, such as body mass index, can be recorded for users to get health and dietary tips.

In fact, the app has collected so much data that its makers feel confident enough to hypothesise that mainland women are going longer between periods than the 28 to 30 days widely established. Some wait well over 30 days between periods.

Chai returned to China to start his own business in 2009, after studying operations management and drama in Canada. He launched eight unsuccessful internet-based health services - including one to help diabetics manage their disease - before Dayima became a hit with clients and investors.

He received an investment of 1.5 million yuan (HK$1.9 million) from investor Xu Xiaoping in July last year, followed by US$5 million from Bertelsmann Asia Investments and US$10 million from Sequoia Capital. Chai has put the funds to work on marketing and branding the app along with more research and development.

"The internet alone can't solve problems - it only passes on information," Chai said. "I know from my experience of trying to lose weight. If an app tells me I will be fit if I run three kilometres a day but I don't run the distance, I will still be fat.

"We try to ease the pain associated with women's periods. We need to provide the best solutions we can."
Chai said the app aimed to provide very detailed answers to menstruation problems. For example, one tip is that good laughter helps relieve period pain because it stimulates production of dopamine. The app even provides a few jokes for this purpose.

"Our attention to detail, I believe, makes us stand out from rival apps," Chai said. "That's why investors have confidence in us, too."

Chai has teamed up with another partner to develop smart bathroom scales. They will allow 10 health indicators including BMI to be recorded whenever the user stands on it. They will be linked to an app for analysis.

"The product is about much more than just saving your the trouble of inputting your health data," Chai said. "The machine will record your basic health information and alert you if your health indicators change at an alarming rate. It sends warning signals in time for users to seek proper medical advice."

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/artic...lion-downloads (http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1349366/app-helps-women-chart-menstrual-cycles-has-65-million-downloads)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?167851-Improve-your-Chinese-–-Dayima-Pre-Menstrual-Syndrome-New-App&goto=newpost).