PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan Earthqake Last Night

Sammyboy RSS Feed
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I received quite a number of messages asking if I had experienced the earthquake last night. The thing is I boarded the aircraft at 7.45pm for the 8.10pm flight so did not feel anything in the aircraft. Aircraft departed on time however, strangely it stopped at the taxi way for a long time and therefore my flight was delayed for about 40mins on arrival.

Was told this morning by my Taiwan partners that this quake although did not cause any casualty is unusually long lasting 58 seconds. The other thing that was unusual is that it could be felt throughout the island because it is a quake that is close to the surface and on land in Hualian. Taiwanese this morning woke up relief that it was not a big one as if its like 7 and close to surface the destruction could be great.

Was told that a few ceiling inside the airport collapse and lifts in Taipei was disrupted. Even the high speed train was disrupted by 10 mins and when continued had to run slower.

It's not just increasing frequency of earthquakes but the weather now a days is also going crazy, here in Thailand rainy season is supposed to stop early this month but seemed to have just stopped. Flood occurred in 40 provinces with much destruction of crops and property and Thailand's GDP had to be reduced by half a percent to 3.7%.

How do we get ready for the future us a challenge.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?167443-Taiwan-Earthqake-Last-Night&goto=newpost).