PDA

View Full Version : CHC Confessions please don't embarrass Kong Lee & Ching Ho lah.......

Sammyboy RSS Feed
09-10-2013, 05:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

The only difference in the story is that Ching Ho never aspired to be an international pop star. Only an international gambler. Yes shim also dyed herm hair. To cover all the white! And shim is a fashionista extraordinaire too. Some dumbfuck cunts from PA, RCs benefitted, some burned out as porlumpar slaves.

CHC Confessions shared a link.

15 hours ago.

I remember back in the day, everyone kind of feared Pastor Kong. There were times when he would yell at someone who fell asleep while he preached (he'd get the security guys to usher him out). And I remember the time when he kicked out someone from SOT, because that person didn't have the "right" attitude.

I remember the days when Pst Kong drove a Mitsubishi Lancer and would wear really awesome looking Armani suits. And he would tell us about how people didn't believe that a fat, pimple faced guy like him would start a church. It was almost like saying he managed to defy the odds and having a huge church was to get back at those naysayers.

Oh.. we were young, and when we heard something like that.. we roared and cheered him on. After all, he was our senior pastor. Then somewhere along the line, senior pastor wasn't good enough... it got to Rev. Dr... then, Executive Senior Pastor.. What's in a name you wonder? A little bit of pomp goes a long way my friend.

I remember the days when Sun would teach at Bible school. The topic? "The Art of Preaching". I thought it was ironic, cause ... erm.. let's just say she's not a black belt on the matter.

I also remember the time she dyed her hair. Singapore then wasn't that open to having a female pastor, let alone a young chinese lady with brown and blonde highlighted hair. I thought, how cool is it for a pastor to sing and dance to "Absolutely Everybody" in front of a crowd of thousands at then World Trade Center Pavillion. Her dancers were Kenny, Andrea and Mark (some others I can't remember, sorry arh).

I remembered how when we had our School of Creative Arts (SCA) drama that was showcased at Raffles Hotel. Make a guess which student got the lead role as Angel? Well, it wasn't really a student.. it was Sun. Don't laugh, I thought it was funny too. Now to think about SCA, at times I wondered if it was intentional.

Not long after SCA, she announced that she wanted to sing chinese pop songs. I went for several "mission trips". So you can say, I've been there, done it, took the photos and got a t-shirt (yes, that bright swirled sun with the red words "Sun"). Arh... what else do I remember?

Oh yes, I remember the day we broke ground in JW. How I longed to say goodbye to Hollywood. If you've been there, you know how yikey the toilets were.

I remember the days before we moved to JW St 91. Scrubbing the floors, ensuring that everything was shiny. You know how we like the "new car" smell? The new building smell was a delight. We had state of the art everything. And we were proud of it. Titanium clad some more wor!

And have you been to the artist rooms and hospitality rooms? Makes you feel like a VIP. I remember all the good food we had on the hospitality room. Kum siah to all the hospitality ministry folk. Gourmet food that's so cute and delicious. Behind the scenes warriors who have access to conversations they are sworn to keep.

I remember the staff who came and went. The zone supervisor who yelled "do you know who I am?" Only to get reprimanded for his ugly showdown (he's still around if you are wondering... and he's now a pastor... Yikes).

I remember those who served on staff till wee hours. I always wondered how they managed to cope with so little pay and not much family time (that was many years ago when they weren't paid well). I remember those who walked away from full-time ministry because they were burned out. And remember how people would say ill-meaning things about them, and not knowing how tired and worn out they were. The same goes for ministry leaders. They held full time jobs, showed up for cell group, ministry and bible studies.

For me, looking at the shell CHC is today... reminds me a lot of the scene in Le Miserables. Empty Chairs and Empty Tables... so many who have sacrificed have gone. There's really a grief that can't be spoken. There's a pain that goes on and on. We talked of revolution and revival. We sang our hearts out, prayed with fear and trembling. But look what has happened? Empty Chairs and Empty Tables... where my friends will meet no more.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?165509-CHC-Confessions-please-don-t-embarrass-Kong-Lee-amp-Ching-Ho-lah&goto=newpost).