PDA

View Full Version : Today I was told to stop eating on MRT....

Sammyboy RSS Feed
04-10-2013, 07:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Okay this is what happened. I had to rush off to several places today to do various errants. I had a very light breakfast and by the time I got to lunchtime, I was starving but I had to meet someone to pass him something urgently.

On my way to the MRT, I saw a man selling curry puff 3 for $1. I bought it and planned to eat it when I exited at Orchard MRT to meet my friend. I managed to get a seat on the MRT.

As the MRT was travelling, I got very hungry. So I took out one of the curry puff to eat. Too only 2 bites, a woman in her 60s told me, "You cannot eat on the train".

"Okay, okay, I'm just hungry. You ask me to stop, I stop....", I replied.

The woman still look somewhat offended like I just committed a crime. I don't know why.

I was in a bit of argumentative mood so, I asked her, "Aunty, don't mind me asking, why is it we cannot eat on the train".

The woman somewhat troubled replied, "You cannot eat because there is a rule that say you cannot eat. My generation, we all follow the rules. Why can't you follow the rule!!!"

I told her, "My generation, we don't like following rules unless we know why they are there in the first place...and I really don't know why I cannot eat curry puff on MRT. Nothing bad happens when I eat curry puff so why I cannot eat curry puff on MRT?!".

Woman now unhappy but kept quiet.

Really got me thinking. Last generation most of the men and women follow the rules...listen obediently to the govt. See where it got them - work their whole life cannot retire, get sick can afford to die but cannot afford to go hospital, old already still need to face competition from young foreigners. That's what happens to people who don't question things and just follow blindly.

I guess the rules on the MRT disallow people from eating and drinking are there because you might spill your food and drink all over the place. However, if you're a drinking water from a bottle with a straw or a valve, you won't spill the water..so why can't you drink when you're thirsty. If you have some finger food that won't drop all over the place what is wrong with eating it.

Really, you don't have to be thirsty and hungry, if you know why the rules are there. Your life sometimes cannot change for the better unless you question the rules and system they make you live in.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?165051-Today-I-was-told-to-stop-eating-on-MRT&goto=newpost).