PDA

View Full Version : Kee Chiu: "Don't worry, Overtime Tan will be promoted in due course."

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-09-2013, 01:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

HE laughed when asked about being a future prime minister.

"I don't know why people talk about it this way."

But his has been an eye-catching and meteoric rise. Two years after entering politics and just 44, former army chief Chan Chun Sing has been promoted to full minister, helming the Ministry of Social and Family Development.

Mr Chan's new appointment was the highlight of several cabinet changes announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in late August, as the government gears up to tackle fresh policy challenges.

In a wide-ranging interview with BT, his first since his promotion, Mr Chan was quick to downplay his own achievement.

"The rest will all be promoted in due course. I think I can speak for the rest, that for us, teamwork is very important," he says, making reference to a Facebook post by his "good friend", Acting Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin - also touted as a rising political star. "There is a reason why we serve, and it doesn't depend on our appointment," Mr Tan had written.

Says Mr Chan: "Who eventually becomes the PM is not something that we decide individually. Whoever he or she may be will have to command the trust of the team, and at the same time, the trust of the people of Singapore."

BT INTERVIEW

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?163095-Kee-Chiu-quot-Don-t-worry-Overtime-Tan-will-be-promoted-in-due-course-quot&goto=newpost).