PDA

View Full Version : More shocking discovery of maggots in foods, are they spastic?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
15-08-2013, 01:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Shoppers walk out of Tesco after customer find MAGGOTS crawling around inside a box of chocolates

Josh Downs and Braden Little, both 18, buying sweets at Sunderland branch

Reached for pack of chocolates to find box crawling with live maggots
Told how 'disgusted' shoppers abandoned their trolleys and left store
Retailer has said it is investigating the incident at Tesco in Roker Avenue

By KERRY MCDERMOTT PUBLISHED: 12:36 GMT, 14 August 2013 | UPDATED: 14:38 GMT, 14 August 2013

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/14/article-2392783-1B4A0946000005DC-569_306x423.jpg

'Digsusted': The teenagers found live maggots wriggling around inside the box at the Tesco branch in Sunderland

Teenagers buying sweets in Tesco were horrified to discover live maggots crawling around inside a box of chocolates.The two boys told how shoppers abandoned their trolleys and walked out in disgust after they found the creatures wriggling around inside a box of Cadbury's Caramel Nibbles at the store in Sunderland. 'Disgusted' Josh Downs, 18, said what he initially thought was caramel leaking from the bag turned out to be maggots dropping off the packet and onto his hands.

Mr Downs, who was buying treats with his friend Braden Little ahead of a trip to the cinema, said: 'I didn't realise what it was at first - I thought it was caramel leaking out of the packet.'I felt something move and saw the maggots on my hand and my clothes. It was disgusting.'It absolutely stank of fungus,' Mr Downs added.'A lady shopping in the same aisle told me to go and wash my hands straight away.'His friend Mr Little, also 18, said other shoppers at the store in Roker Avenue were 'horrified' by the grisly sight on the supermarket shelf.'Some people just abandoned their shopping and left the store - they were as disgusted as we were,' said the teenager, from Fulwell.'The maggots were small and slimy and were crawling around the box.

'They were absolutely horrible and they smelled really bad.'You just don't expect it in Tesco - I definitely won't be shopping there again,' he said.Tesco has said it is investigating the incident.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/14/article-2392783-1B4A08F2000005DC-539_634x431.jpg

'Brushed off': Braden Little, 18, was reaching for a packet of chocolate sweets at the supermarket when he realised the box was crawling with maggots

The teenagers, who will both take up places at Sunderland University in September, immediately complained to the store manager about what they had seen. But the friends say they felt the incident was not taken seriously. 'We went to the customer service desk, but they just seemed to brush us off,' Mr Little said.

'They have told us they are doing an internal investigation, but we haven't heard anything since."

Mr Downs mother Lisa Downs later called Tesco to complain and said she was offered vouchers by the retailer. A Tesco spokeswoman said: 'We'd like to thank our two customers for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry if they feel we didn't take this matter seriously.'We would like to reassure them that we are concerned and are investigating how this happened.'

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?159874-More-shocking-discovery-of-maggots-in-foods-are-they-spastic&goto=newpost).