PDA

View Full Version : FT Managers in Mos Burger mistreating local Sinkies Staff !

Sammyboy RSS Feed
14-08-2013, 09:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=63746#1

Dear Singapore,

This submission was to voice out my comments on FT workers in Singapore.

Recently, I went back to my workplace which I quit once, it was a bad choice. My store manager who is a pinoy was mistreating most of the staffs. Why I said that?

1. I get scolded when I take medical leave.

There was this day where I got really sick and decided to take medical leave. I message my store manager about my illness, and guess what? She sent me a long paragraph of message telling me to quit if I am not interested in working. I explained to her about my situation and offered to show the letter which my doctor wrote it for me as an approval to stop work for two days since I know she will be making a nuisance. She replied with, 'no need' without any Capital letter nor punctuation. When I went back work after two days, she start showing me attitude and comment about everything I do.

2. You get scolded for no reason.

We are always required to top-up the counter when it is off-peak. One particular time, I went inside the kitchen to make soup since there is not any left. I tried to make it as fast as I could but for water to boil could easily take up to 3mins. My store manager then came in and start yelling for me to get out of the kitchen. She said she will make the soup for me therefore I went back to the counter. After around 5mins, another manager called for me, asking why I did not off the heater. I clarified that the store manager volunteer to make the soup. She then went to ask the store manager and they start chatting in Philippines language. Suddenly, this store manager start shouting at me, 'When did I said I want to help you to make corn soup?'

I was stunned.

3. There is this Auntie in the workplace.

She is around 60+. Many of time, especially during peak hours, they (managers) will scream at the Auntie telling her to rush. 'Why you cannot faster uh?' that is what they always said. I felt heartbroken when Auntie rush so quickly... She evens fell down once but did not show concerned but only to hear her saying, 'why you so clumsy?'

4. They were rude to people, arrogant and like to use vulgarism in the workplace which is not appropriate and very unprofessional.

They do not talk in English most of the time, they always communicate in Philippines language (all of the workplace managers are pinoy). They do not want the rest of them actually to know what they are talking. Especially when they bad mouthing others. You can understand quite a few word once you work long.

I am really concerned about the future of Singapore. Is this the Singapore everyone want to see?

FTs who are stepping over everyone of us. I do know many of FTs who are really kind but there are too many of them. During the weekend, you can actually see a lot of FTs laying their mats down the public areas such as Aljunied. I fear that in the future generation, half of the Singapore population is going to be FTs. I felt hopeless as a Singaporean to get bullied by the FTs yet I am unable to do anything... All I could do was actually to study hard and change the mindset that Singapore does not need an overwhelming number of FTs in our homeland. I do not want to see that happening...

Why are there so many FT managers in the FnB industry? Are there really no Singaporeans who want to be managers?

Part Time worker, Mos Burger

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?159828-FT-Managers-in-Mos-Burger-mistreating-local-Sinkies-Staff-!&goto=newpost).