PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike cut into my path but I have to say sorry.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
22-07-2013, 11:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My car was at the head of a queue at a right turning lane, waiting to turn right into a side road. Motorcyclist drove past on my left, stopped slightly ahead of me and also waited to turn left. Road was clear and we both turned. Motorcycle's turning radius/arc was tighter than mine, and he turned into my path. I saw the motorcycle wobbled, motorcyclist trying to keep his balance, and managed to stop. My thought was that motorcyclist lost his balance. I finished my turn and continued driving.

A short while later, from the rear mirror, I saw the motorcycle came chasing after me, shouting at me. I pulled over.

He said I langar (knocked) him and did not stop. I said I am not aware that there was contact. He showed me some scratch marks on his right rear exhaust. I went to inspect my car and saw scratches on the front left bumper. I said his turning radius was too tight, and he was cutting into my path as we turned. I said I am not hit-and-run, as I did not sped away, but continue driving at a steady speed in the minor road.

He said he has a wife and small kid. I said all the more he must be careful when he is biking. He had clamed down. He wanted an apology. I don't think that I am in the wrong but if an apology is all that is needed to end the matter, then fine with me. I apologised to him, we shook hands and waved goodbye as we drove off.

Although his motorbike was slightly in front of me, I don't think it was a case of my car hitting his bike. It was more a case of him causing the accident by turning into my path.

What is the highway code for motorcycles? Shouldn't they also wait in line behind the cars to make a right turn, instead of pulling up alongside the car and turning at the same time as the car?

Someone could have killed himself using my car today.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?157684-Motorbike-cut-into-my-path-but-I-have-to-say-sorry&goto=newpost).