PDA

View Full Version : Dating website Match.com

SadLoser
18-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Wanted to find out if any bros tried this dating website before? stumble on this website today as there is an advert link on a yahoo page where i was reading a dating article. As i went through the profiles of the single gals, i came across some really attractive ones... of course there are those normal and cui ones, but there were quite a lot of good ones. In fact, too good to be true... i wondered if gals of such standards need to set up a profile of themselves on a dating website? so i wondered if these are bogus accounts created to lure people to sign up...

Any bros has subscribed to the website (need to pay 1/3/6 mth package) and actually met up with gals before? I jus have this feeling that once you sign up & pay, those attractive profiles would jus disappear and left those normal or cui ones...

SadLoser
21-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Any bros who have joined the membership before?

SpikeTitan
21-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Those pretty girls you see are 99% fake. Created by the company to attract customers.

Think about it. Those pretty girls will have no lack of guys chasing them, why still need to use those dating websites? Unless their personalities are worst than animals.

Hawaii88
21-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Those pretty girls you see are 99% fake. Created by the company to attract customers.

Think about it. Those pretty girls will have no lack of guys chasing them, why still need to use those dating websites? Unless their personalities are worst than animals.

Agree with u.

hoian
21-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Yes, 99.99% of the photos are fake.

Think about it, if you are a pretty gal or handsome guy, would u want your face in a dating website for the world to see?

lam30
22-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Don's waste money bro, majority fake eh. Save your money for fl better. :D

5ag1_Boar
22-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Match.com is genuine BUT clean (i.e. majority of the girls there are looking for genuine relationships, not hanky panky). I joined some years ago and managed to contact dozens of girls and date face-to-face about 7 girls, 3 resulted in multiple dates, of which 1 became a friend and another became a long term relationship.

Membership, back then can see full profile without paying, but need to pay if you want to contact them (not sure about now). If you post your email address, it will be auto detected and replaced. What we did was hide the email address with phrases like: I usually hangout at happyninja at the hottest place on earth. Which basically means my email is happyninja at hotmail dot com. (Please note that is not my email address.) I also suspect random profiles are screened by humans and occasionally they will catch the coded phrases. In such cases, just remove the info, re-submit, get approval, then modify again the following week, hoping it will not kenna human screening again.

After some initial success, and determining that they are not fake profiles, I paid for a premium account and also the option for non-paying members to respond to my messages to them.

My only disclaimer is that my experience was some years ago, so things may have changed. However, if I recall correctly, Match.com is owned by Microsoft or similar MNC, they will not create fake profiles and risk their reputation. The question is how well they monitor users for posting fake profiles. I tried Yahoo's version of Match.com at the same time and found it full of fakes by the users and also some doubtful ones from overseas, like foreign women hoping to hook rich overseas boyfriends or husbands.

All in all, I found Match.com to be well run, clean, mostly sincere and for genuine dating only. In fact the profile relationship status has no option to select married or attached (not that you can't lie, but it shows they are serious dating site).

Good luck.

SadLoser
22-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Match.com is genuine BUT clean (i.e. majority of the girls there are looking for genuine relationships, not hanky panky). I joined some years ago and managed to contact dozens of girls and date face-to-face about 7 girls, 3 resulted in multiple dates, of which 1 became a friend and another became a long term relationship.

Membership, back then can see full profile without paying, but need to pay if you want to contact them (not sure about now). If you post your email address, it will be auto detected and replaced. What we did was hide the email address with phrases like: I usually hangout at happyninja at the hottest place on earth. Which basically means my email is happyninja at hotmail dot com. (Please note that is not my email address.) I also suspect random profiles are screened by humans and occasionally they will catch the coded phrases. In such cases, just remove the info, re-submit, get approval, then modify again the following week, hoping it will not kenna human screening again.

Good luck.

Thanks for the information bro! Yes it is the same now still... you can view full profile without paying, but need to pay to contact the person.

I do understand why most people will be skeptic towards the authenticity of the profiles... after all, why would an above-average gal need to put up a profile of herself in a dating website and subject herself to possible inconvenience (eg. being recognised by colleagues, meeting strange people). I have no answer to that too.

But from the reviews i read online so far, it's like a 50-50 things. There seemed to be encounters of genuine, positive experience. And there are those who claimed that after signing up, all the better profiles miraculously ceased to exist, leaving only those somewhat less attractive ones.

5ag1_Boar
23-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I didn't have that problem back then. Before and after paying, same profiles available. In fact, I paid because I wanted to contact those attractive profiles.

By the way, its not easy. I wrote to many girls, and few replied. Those I connected to, says that they get hundreds of guys emailing them every week, 95% are crap one liners, creepy, looking for long term or short term sexual relationships... very hard to sift through and respond to genuine ones. I think in some cases, my email was simply buried among the crap ones.

Anyway, there's lots of shady dating sites out there and it has tarnished the whole industry... so people tend to be cynical and suspicious.

wally888
24-07-2013, 02:20 PM
I tried Singaporecupid, singaporelovelinks gals there are seriously looking for marriage not flings. I think match.com higher success rate for flings....:D

SadLoser
15-08-2013, 10:58 AM
I set up a post here around 1 month ago to gather feedbacks on dating website Match.com. I went on to subscribe and paid for 1 month membership (US$35.99 ). Here i am back with some first-hand personal experience on the website:

Duration of usage: Around 3 weeks

Email send out: 70

Replies: 3

For the first 1 week, i send out average 7-8 emails and totalled some 70 emails. Some run-down on the rare few who replied -

The first gal that replied send me a long response saying how pleasant it was to receive my email, introduced herself as from KL, working here etc etc and ended with a personal email of hers asking me to write to her as she seldom "log in to match.com".
I wrote to her at her personal email and left even my contact number for her to get in touch.

Never heard from her since. Even after sending another short follow-up message after 1 week, no response. Vanished into thin air.

SadLoser
15-08-2013, 11:14 AM
I have used SDN (free platform) and basically met up with 5-6 gals through the website. The standard of the gals varies, but you can be sure they are genuine profiles.

From what i see, i think majority of the profiles (maybe 90%) at Match.com are basically empty profiles - the gals do not subscribe to the membership and hence they can't receive or send out any message at all.

So it's basically a waste of time & effort trying to know anyone through there.

bb300
15-08-2013, 06:49 PM
if is real (math formula) = 100% - 99.99% = 0.01% :confused:

leo_ng77
15-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I actually met some chio gals...again its clean. Some can clicks and went further for more dates. Some cant click and just one date.

Had my chance before my ex comes back to me. Sigh...

alexander81
13-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I actually met some chio gals...again its clean. Some can clicks and went further for more dates. Some cant click and just one date.

Had my chance before my ex comes back to me. Sigh...

Then u are lucky bro.