PDA

View Full Version : If Gilbert Goh was union chief...

Sammyboy RSS Feed
05-07-2013, 07:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Saw this online:

"If Gilbert Goh was union chief for a day, we will be so screwed.

Why?

1. This man does not even love Singapore.
In November 2011, he wrote in his FB page, "A good reflection on why Singapore sucks and Bhutan is happy."

I absolutely have no idea why he wrote that but I certainly do not want a leader who speaks ill of my country and represent my views because he obviously has no heart for Singapore. I love Singapore and I am damn proud of it. I read online that love of the country does not need to be synonymous or confused or blurred as love for the government. Gilbert Goh obviously does not love Singapore.

2. He flips like prata.
On 30th July 2008, he contributed to a letter published in TODAY named "Treat foreigners the way you want to be treated?". He stated that he is "a Singaporean who has just left the country to live and work in Sydney". He also said that "Singaporeans must welcome such foreign talents, which is what good global citizens should do...for one day, you may end up working and living abroad. Just like me." In Apr 2012, he asked for a nationwide boycott against companies that hire "more than 10 people and 80% of the must be foreigners - even though they are PRs."

I am confused by GG. He was pro-foreigner and now he is against foreigners. He comes across as a fickle-minded person to me. If he changes course according to how the wind blows, how can I trust that he can be consistent in his words and actions and lead the unions in taking care of all workers in Singapore?

3. He is an Australian PR.
I read online that he took up permanent residence in Australia. I don't know how true is this but erm, why would I want an Australian PR to speak up for me? Why would I want an Australian PR to fight for my rights at workplace?

On a side note, I heard that he seems to be facing some marriage issues but I really do not want to go into that as that would seem like personal attack. On an objective note, I definitely do not want Gilbert Goh as our union chief.

Who's with me on this?"

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?156248-If-Gilbert-Goh-was-union-chief&goto=newpost).