PDA

View Full Version : don't eat hock lam beef noodle

Sammyboy RSS Feed
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

just like ya kun and the rest of the rat pack, hock lam beef noodle which was once a honest to goodness food is now a very exhorbitant and unreasonably priced.

my li'l brother just striked lottery again. this time it was lst prize!!

we drove to ARC which was the former PSA building now converted into anoow!ther lame shopping mall and where HOCK LAM BEEF was located.

it was lunch time and there was a crowd queueing up. the turnover of crowds was fast. it was our turn and we were directed to our seat. we placed our orders.

Wow! very X leh! i hinted. beef noodle prices start at 7.80 per bowl. then there was a promotion that said "add $3.50, get a side dish of fried chicken nuggets and a barley or lime water."

we place 2 set order $7.80 + #3.50 x 2 which should total to be $22.70

the appetitisers and drinks were served first. guess what? the waiter slipped and fell to the floor. our drinks were spilled. what to do? wait again for the food. not long after that, another waitress about to serve. again, she slipped and banged against the table. poor girl was in pain and almost tear.

finally our food came. here's the verdict: NOT WORTH IT!!

the chicken nuggets were served in very tiny portion and so was the barley water which was a very small cup.

after the meal, we went to pay at the counter. here's the surprise killer. they charged service charge and GST. the final bill came out to be almost $27!

i told LTS we should have our beef noodle at the nearby alexandra village which only cost $5 a bowl with serving much bigger size than what we got.

don't waste your money trying HOCK LAM BEEF. their quality has deteriorated but not their incredible prices. it would be my lst and last time there.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?156152-don-t-eat-hock-lam-beef-noodle&goto=newpost).