PDA

View Full Version : Do Sinkies deserve their wages?? How did we get to this state??

Sammyboy RSS Feed
30-06-2013, 06:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Sinkies r lazy! Not willing to put in extra!!, Not productive!!,Not able to be innovative, Not promotable!!....etc

In the 80s and 90s, we were one of the fearsome tiger economies, plus we have one of the most exacting education system around, we have the best infrastructure, one of the best society support systems....etc. How did we get to this state???

This reminds me of the malaise affecting the England soccer team, the best and exciting league in the world but that didn't translate to a world beating national team. Instead it is the foreign players that benefit and they made it their playground. Hard lessons to learn here!!

By Han Fook Kwang Managing Editor
Do Singaporeans deserve the salaries they are paid?

That was the pointed question posed by a reader responding to a piece I wrote on how median wages had stagnated in recent years despite a growing economy (The Sunday Times, June 16).

He didn't think it was surprising because, to put it bluntly, that's what they deserve.

This was how he put it, which I'm quoting extensively because his perspective is worth airing even if it's painful to hear:

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?155862-Do-Sinkies-deserve-their-wages-How-did-we-get-to-this-state&goto=newpost).