PDA

View Full Version : Sinkie girl slapped & beaten by Tiger Airway staff at Airport

Sammyboy RSS Feed
11-06-2013, 08:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/1116594/thumbnail/sporean_woman_slapped_by_tiger_airways_counter_sta ff_at_china-thumbnail.jpg

A STOMPer was slapped on the face and hit in the ears by a Tiger Airways staff in an airport in Guangzhou, China, after the two parties got caught in an argument. The counter staff had reportedly tore up her boarding pass prior to the flashpoint.

The STOMPer wrote:

"I'm a 35-year-old Singaporean who was slapped and beaten at the Guangzhou airport in China when I was on a business trip there last week.

"I was checking in to my flight back to Singapore when a male staff at the Tiger Airways counter told me that I needed to pay an extra $60 as my luggage had exceeded the limit by 3kg.

"I then asked if I could just take out a toy from inside one of my luggages as I don't have anything heavy to carry on board the plane but he told me I had no time to do it now.

"When he said that, the toy was already removed from my bag so I told him 'ok, the weight of my luggage are now 25kg'.

"He got angry and told me that there wasn't enough time to check my luggage already as the gates were closing then.

"When I said I wanted to fly still, I also told him that I needed his help with my luggage as I had four bags on hand and I wasn't able to carry it myself to the airport.

"He rejected my request and then threatened to tear off my boarding pass.

"When I didn't back down, he just tore up the boarding pass in front of me,

"We started arguing and he then challenged me to make a report to Tiger Airways if I wasn't happy.

"Then, I tried to take a photograph of him and that was when he slapped me as he tried to stop me from doing that.

"I lost control of myself and slapped him back but he got out of his counter and hit me on the head, near the ears.

"He then walked off and I tried to follow him as I didn't want him to run away from this, even leaving my luggage there as a result.

"That was when his manager came out and spoke to me, asking me to calm down and give my side of the story.

"I gave him that and told him I wanted to make a police report but the station there was closed b then so I had to wait till the next morning to lodge a report with the police.

"That was when I realized that I couldn't fly out of China if I had a pending police report there. As a result, I closed the report.

"I tried to contact Tiger Airways when I was in China and also when I got back to Singapore but all they did was ask me to email them about this.

"After waiting four days for an email reply, which I didn't get from Tiger Airways, I decided to follow a friend's sugggestion and post this on STOMP.

"I want to make my story known to everyone so that nobody will end up in a similar situation like me."

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?154219-Sinkie-girl-slapped-amp-beaten-by-Tiger-Airway-staff-at-Airport&goto=newpost).