PDA

View Full Version : Boss Sam is secretly a 20 yr old Taiwanese ex-rafflesian

Sammyboy RSS Feed
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

excerpts from:This is why I created the RJC Confessions page: Taiwan student
http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantag...ions_page.html (http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/features/people/1819960/This_is_why_I_created_the_RJC_Confessions_page.htm l)

"This helped me realise a problem plaguing Taiwan now; with graduate degrees now being more easily available than flyers, graduate labour was in abundance in Taiwan, hence the average graduate pay in Taiwan fell to less than S$1000/month, and the minority like my NS mates feel even more disinclined to pursue higher education upon seeing how little the degree is worth.

"This ultimately resulting in Taiwan actually having LESS skilled labour because standards of graduates were now so low they could no longer be consider skilled labour while some really smart people, choose not to pursue higher education for fear of its little value in Taiwan.

"Now, Singapore has recently opened up many more university places; while I understand that Singapore's population has grown, I still fear that one day Singapore will end up with an abundance of graduates like Taiwan.

"I believe everyone can succeed with the right attitude, but I do not believe everyone can succeed through higher education, some people may find their calling in craftsmanship and other technical skills; hence I personally feel that what Singapore should be doing is spending more time developing such students rather than encouraging everyone to jump onto the university bandwagon. I hope Singapore learns well from Taiwan's failure of an educational system...

"Let me tell you something about Taiwan's history, Taiwan was once ruled by a father-son duo too and under them, life was prosperous but freedom of speech and political freedom was severely limited. The people wanted freedom so they took to the streets; in the end, they got the democracy they wanted without realising that they themselves were not yet ready to build a mature democracy.

"What happened next is widely known across the world, corrupt politicians were voted into office, populist policies with only short term benefits but disastrous costs in the long run were implemented, slowing causing the country to slip from its economic pinnacle year after year. All because the people demanded 'more equitable distribution of resources, everyone should a chance to study in university, high school entry should be done by drawing lots and not through selective examinations' Because, well, equality...

"Now, I'm not saying that equality is bad, I simply think Taiwan has gone overboard, the society has become so 'equal' that just like the main character in John Steinbeck's novel " The Chrysanthemum", Taiwan's laws and systems be it educational or economic have now prevented the best from truly reaching their best potentials.

"And why do I say all this? Because I do not want Singapore to suffer the same fate. Singapore had begun the story nicely just like Taiwan, but her future remains yet unknown. She is currently on the opposite end of the efficiency-equity spectrum as Taiwan, I hope one day, Singapore will be able to find the balancing point between this two as Taiwan never did.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?153737-Boss-Sam-is-secretly-a-20-yr-old-Taiwanese-ex-rafflesian&goto=newpost).