PDA

View Full Version : You may see "Ah Pek" policeman in the future

Sammyboy RSS Feed
27-05-2013, 09:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

THE Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is in discussions with the Public Service Division to review the retirement age of Home Team uniformed officers, said Second Minister for Home Affairs S. Iswaran yesterday.

He was speaking at a ceremony at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront hotel, where 187 officers received their certificates of promotion.

He said MHA would study how officers can be allowed to serve longer and contribute with their knowledge and expertise. "In each of the coming years, about 150 junior officers and 30 senior officers will reach retirement age. As with previous cohorts, many are still physically fit and wish to continue working and contributing to the Home Team," he said.

Currently, uniformed Home Team junior officers retire at the age of 50, and senior officers at 55. Over the last five years, about 200 uniformed officers retired each year, half of whom were re-employed.

The Home Team consists of nine agencies including the police, the civil defence force, immigration service and the prison service.

More than 4,700 officers across the agencies are being promoted this year, with 113 junior officers promoted to the rank of senior officers.

Among them is senior warrant officer Low Kok Leon, chief paramedic of Emergency Medical Services Operations at the Singapore Civil Defence Force, who will be promoted to lieutenant.

He is the first paramedic in SCDF to jump from junior to senior officer ranks.

Said the 44-year-old, who has been in service for more than 16 years: "I'm very honoured to be the first paramedic to cross over and I wish more paramedics will join me."

[email protected]

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?153057-You-may-see-quot-Ah-Pek-quot-policeman-in-the-future&goto=newpost).